Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

-+@ Temporal Warp @+-

See images below?



Just posting 3 images from dino duel with an ultra-rare on the left, the one and only card that I possess in the middle and a battle card on the right. The card back has a magnetic strip which you can swipe on the arcade machine though so the cardback is a bit weird, but not every cardback has a magnetic strip. The logo is also on the cardback. And that's part of my community service for this blog to educate the public about the future in CCGs. Not.

I'm still waiting to finish my last Urland game. It's been 2 days and I haven't even got a chance to make a move. Kev has been slow to act these last few days probably due to effects of too much turkey (yes, there's a protein* or something in turkey which makes one slothful apparently).

And slothful of course is part of the seven deadly sins... not that thing by some English poet or writer, but the new subtitle in the next two MND expansions. I had to check yesterday to determine if Paradwyn is ready for preview next week/month together with Underneath (it is). Universal might join the ranks there if I can finish that by the end of the month as well.

Wait up, then what will Weave go along with? Well, hopefully over the next month or so, I can flesh out my ideas for Cure and let Daniel have a once over at the design just to see what his gut feeling about the design would entail. Hopefully that would appease him, or alternatively it might upset him that he won't be able to sit back and relax. Oh well.

I had a look at Forest Well today after one player singled it out as being overpowered. I think it is as well, particularly now that it starts with Warrada. Urgh. Compared with Overgrowth though, it gives more bang for buck with Warrada in play, but it's a costly investment. It needs to be pared down a bit, but I have no idea how without making it lose its effectiveness.

While I'm on that topic, a few days ago, people were singling out Glowing Sword (OK, one person who doesn't play with relic discard was singling it out) as being too overpowered, until I pointed out that Finishing move can't be used the turn it is played and relic discards should be common in one's deck. Perhaps that should be the solution for Forest well as well? I have no idea.

I guess I can finally say that the new game I'm looking to adapt this year is known as Barathaum. It's published by Sage's Workshop or something like that and is actually being sold (apparently) online. I made (I would say badly) a cardback for it which is shown on the wiki. I wonder if it'll get accepted by the creator of the game, but the cardback is like the first thing I code in any new game. Well, if all is in order, then it should hopefully take about a week for it to be adapted.

* Turkeys are rather high in the protein tryptophan, which can be a relaxant for the body. That's why one feels doubly sleepy after a turkey meal (although some say it's an urban myth) - due to the tryptophan and the rush of blood to the digestive track to soak up all the goodies.. including the tryptophan.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At November 28, 2006 10:56 pm, Blogger dartax said…

    Here's a little thought on Forest Well. If you don't want to drop the Warrada starting, perhaps changing it from increasing the energize to two if it is her to giving her an increased energize and keeping the creatures at an energize of one.

    Note: I couldn't help but notice that many more are playing with the playtest cards than playtest reports being written. I wouldn't expect everyone to report on all the games played with these cards, but I would've hoped for a few more reports to read up on than there were.

     
  • At November 28, 2006 11:36 pm, Blogger Novelty said…

    The Warrada starting was requested by Frosty who thinks it would make the card better. I think it made it way too good. Taking it away though would mean that the card might suffer.

    I did think about giving Warrada an energize rate, but at that rate it doesn't seem worth it when it costs 2. Balance is always hard to achieve. Think about other ways to balance the card, but if we need to remove the starting Warrada, then we should probably do that.

     
  • At November 29, 2006 2:57 am, Blogger dartax said…

    Here's a thought I had but I would need feedback on it.

    Add: "Discard Forest Well from play immediately after your cards energize."

    I might be able to come up with some other idea(s).... The question I have is if removing Warrada as Starting would fix the problem or not.

     
  • At November 29, 2006 8:31 pm, Blogger Novelty said…

    That would make it too weak though...

     
  • At December 04, 2006 6:39 pm, Blogger Novelty said…

    How about removing the 2e energize if your magi is warrada and adding a power or effect that's similar to tryn's power? i.e. Power - Gimmeaname: Choose a forest creature in play and add 1e to it. If your magi is Warrada, add an additional energy to it.

    This guarantees that you get back the 2e used to play the relic (but only if your magi is warrada) with the promise of more to come with the energize.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home