Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

-+@ Grand Library @+-

Or at least I seem to be showcasing a different CCG everyday...



Nope, not Chaotic cards as I thought I'd do today. Instead these are Doomtrooper cards from the latest just finished (roughly 2 months ago) expansion Armageddon. V Tribe and this expansion are the only 2 not to be present on gEngine and probably won't be there for a while, at least not until Tomi fixes his technical problems at home. Ah well, it'll be a good break for him.

And what's the deal about those Chaotic cards? Well, I only found a jpg of one of them online, the rest are hidden in a flash thingie and I was lazy to do a screencapture, yadda yadda, so it isn't there because I don't have the images. That's the short story. However, while looking for the cards, I came across the official site which promises that physical cards can be translated into the online realm as well because each card will have a unique code. That's a new gimmick I guess... and it's stated to start in January next year.

While searching for Chaotic cards though, I came across a fan made CCG for Britney Spears. Urgh. I can just imagine the cards "Oops, I did it again", "K-fed" and perhaps the latest version, "Fed-Ex". I had a look at the images and thought for a split second that I should used them instead of chaotic, but I don't think I wanna inflict that on the readers of this blog. Anyways, the site is at chaotic but be warned, you might go blind or something.

Ed came to me in a huff and a puff and told me that my last blog was erraneous. Well, not in such big words, but more or less there. I never did realised that he added a notepad feature into ludoholic over time and I apologize to any readers who may have been mislead by my last blog. There is a notepad feature that I never realised and never used, although I should have... it would have been easier for me than to remember all the sequence of things that I wanted to do. Oh well.

Apparently there's a new Rage expansion that's coming up and people are wondering if JC will be up to getting it onto gEngine on time. I have no idea what JC has been doing recently, but he was rather crestfallen when Ed sorta stopped the development of VS. I wonder if he's giving the Rage players any troubles? I have no idea, but he doesn't seem as fervent now though, for some weird reason. Mayhaps he's tired of the whole thing? Who knows?

I just had a look at the new art. There's 4 by Ira Martin who goes by the name of Todd Traff (or something like that) on the engine. I've been watching his artwork and I wonder if he'd do a piece or two for some of the other CCGs out there. Yes I'm still looking for art for the next MND expansion! I like what HC O'Neill did for the latest Rage expansion. I think I might copy that when I get the time.

I pointed the creator of Barathaum to the wiki and tried to get him to do stuff there, like copy the rules onto the wiki for one. I'm a bit tired of the PDF that's posted online though and there seems to be so many different version of the rules that I lost track of what was what. Well, he said he'll get on to it today his time, which will probably be tomorrow my time. I hope he makes an attempt at it... and he does a good job.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home