Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, December 07, 2006

-+@ Vampire Illusionist @+-

or more accurately Werewolf Illustrationist...



Art Credit as stated on cards, but I'll explain why I chose these 3 cards out of 50 or so cards. Gremlins in the filing cabinet was funny and that piece is one of Fenris' (HC O'Neil's) best work in the set. Why is it filed under P though? I have no idea. The veil is by MND-fan artist Beth Zyglowicz - you see her images since they form the bulk of the RPG converted to CCG MND cards in EF, and in the future FH. I recognised the image when browsing through the card because her pencils are so unique.

Ira Martin goes under the name of Todd Traf on the engine and I have talked about him before. This image is my favourite yet. Notice the texture on each individual brick on the background. That must have taken ages to draw. Obviously this is done in the real world and not on a computer. If it was done on a computer though, the window would probably have a reflective sheen on it and stuff. I'm too lazy to provide a link, but there's a link in the Rage CCGW forums to view all the cards.

So that's the 3rd custom CCG that I'm showcasing in my blog this month. The next entry would probably be the images from the A Cure for all Seasons Promo expansion for MND to make it a 4th. Or maybe Barathaum. But that's not a fan-made custom expansion, that's an original indie game. Hmm...

Nothing much to say on Barathaum. No work done on it yet other than cleaning up the wiki and making sure everything is there. The server is setup for the game, but I haven't asked for the database to link to it, because I don't have a file to link to. Maybe I'll start to work on it this weekend since I think I have the time for it then.

I have been busy with MND today though, working with 3 different expansions. We are still commenting on the Exodus Flight cards and I'm still incorporating the comments into the cards. I wish that was more tedious, but there aren't that many people commenting anyways. Well, I guess they will only "comment" (aka complain) when it get online and it gets used against them. Oh well. I finished draughting out the Universal cards for EF today too. That wasn't easy. Universal cards are becomming more and more difficult to design these days thanks to the huge cardlist and the potential interaction of cards. I hope they aren't too powerful. It's still private though, the region will only be made public next month with the yet-to-be-draughted Weave cards.

Two other things I finished today are the Project Second Chance Base Set cards of which there are only 8, and the 4 cards from the A Cure for all Seasons Promo expansion. I expected more cards for P2C Base, but only 8 were selected. That might even be reduced by 1 to 7 cards. It's scheduled to be added to the engine this month though. In lieu of the 3rd region for EF this month, I have made public the cards from Cure instead. It's a bit late, but I guess it's better late than never. Daniel has had a once-over look at the cards and have provided some comments, and I have tweaked the cards some more after that, but there are points which I'm still not very happy with on the cards. I might continue to tweak them over time. Cure goes online in March for playtesting.

Now all I have to finish are the Weave cards for EF, and then I can start hunting for images for AoD. With only 30-odd cards and not that many images left to be found, I wonder if the expansion is even going ahead. I need 50 before allowing card text design to start. Maybe I would have to resort to actually paying for commissioned images. Urgh, I'm going to burn a hole in my pocket I think.

Note to self: remember to do a write up on P2C. I need to blog about it on the MND @ CCGW blog to get people to think twice about the cards. I mean, if I created a custom card called "A Brub" that has the text "alternate Brub" and a recoloured image of a Brub with a very similar power, people will have no qualms playing with it. Yet when I do the same thing with P2C people aren't too comfortable with that idea. Oh well. I guess I just have to spell it out for people.

I actually wrote as "Novelty Nostalgia, CCG Workshop Project Lead" to CCP and FFG today, requesting permission to adapt Eve and Call of Cthulhu CCGs on the engine. I wonder if I'll get any replies from either of them. I would be surprise if I hear from them today. Still, miracles have happened, and I hope both of them will say it's OK to adapt their games.

OK, I just confirmed that Titan: the Arena isn't coming back to the main gEngine. Whether it'll appear elsewhere in a real-time format I have no idea as of yet, but I guess I'll announce it here after I announce it on the main site and stuff. Or maybe not. It's confusing even to me what's happening there.

Before I forget and my apologies in advance for being uncouth: but if you have been reading my blog this year and you wish to give me something for Christmas (or whatever end of year holiday you celebrate... although Sinterklaas and Deepavali is over...), drop me a line between now and the end of the year on the blog in the comments section - that's all I'm asking for. Thanks.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home