Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

-+@ New Mystery Machine @+-

A new month, an new CCG to get card titles for... and that one is rather appropriate.



Art Credits:
Yirid: Werner/Gillette
Dusty Habob: Werner/Gillette/Shreve/Holmberg
Night Sandsinger: Werner/Gillette/Goodman/Holmberg

I did say I'll put up the Nar TG cards today, but since I did the last 2 remaining TG cards for d'Resh, I thought I'd put those up instead. These cards were based mostly from existing cards - Hasseth, Habob and Sandsinger. It's a great trick to reuse images from existing cards.

Yes, last 2 as in I'm all done now. 100% finished with all the artwork for TG. I'm so relieved. Next up would be to put these cards up onto the engine for playtesting. Hopefully they'll come of age.

Talking about coming of age, I really have to get Shadowsfall Promo off playtesting and onto playing proper. Also would need to update the engine rules for "Novelty format". It's going to be interesting though to see new cards entering play.

The beginning of the month also heralds in a few other things - Keeper's Question #4 has just started today, and hopefully, people will flock to it. It's going to be a bit difficult to design for it since it costs X. May's Elder's Legacy MND tournament is also underway, the signup thread was started on the CCGW MND forums. The rules were tightened a bit so hopefully more people will qualify, but the deck restrictions were relaxed a lot, so hopefully more people would join.

The Doomtrooper themed tournament also starts today, and this time people will be rewarded with tokens to encourage them to play. Hopefully, those crazy troopers will play more games. There already has been a number of games played. I guess some people just can't wait but to burn up their tokens on the tournament.

Mark has also been busy these few days. There's the GRfOS tournament today, and although he's not organising it, I'm sure he'll be around for it. He's also finalising Summer Camp and there's a Sideshow playtesting session tomorrow. He seems to be having fun with his finger in so many pies. I think he's also slowly working up Power Cardz too.

Tomi uploaded a new version of Mythos yesterday. I think that was the result of the post-update of Yahtzee/Kismet yesterday with Logan, where a comment or two leads to an entire update. That's how most of us work though and I guess we are comfortable around each other. It's a nice environment. I sometimes wonder if we are a bit clique-y, but then again, the NDA sets us apart from everyone else anyways.

Craig doesn't seem to be able to take comments rather well. He made what sounded to be an outburst in the UC forums which Mark replied with actual coding info. I had to move that to the coding forum so that it doesn't violate the NDA. Yes, I'm careful about things like that. I have an entire blog and I know everything I write here doesn't contravene the terms of the NDA.

I'm actually writing up the monthly statistics report in another window as I'm typing this. Last month was the first month that the number of free tokens were dropped to 5 and well, the numbers show that there hasn't been a drastic reduction in the number of games played. That's a good sign I guess.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home