Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, September 19, 2005

-+@ Surplus @+-

of work to do...



Art Credits:
Mud Mantle by Austin Gardner and myself
Sunstone and Tempest Amulet by Beth Zyglowicz

All 3 are for EF, and these were done quite some time ago. I did template 2 more creatures - a Paradwyn one and a Core one yesterday, but I haven't have had the time to load them up yet because I've been getting all the Firestorm images from the server so that I can begin work on those. Still, EF is coming along as the gaps are being slowly plugged.

I wish I could say the same about the other sets, but I can't. The good point is, people are playing with Shadowfall and discovering things and making suggestions so I spent a part of today updating MND for the engine. Nothing major there, just bugfixes, text changes to TG and I added the DJ cards that have already have had a Jeopardy contest.

The third contest ends in under 48 hours and it has got more responses than the Stuff Twins, so I guess that's a good sign. Perhaps this is the easier of the magi so far, being single region...? I've liked the entries I've seen submitted so far for this contest. It's going to be hard to pick a winner for this contest.

Mitch is probably totally depressed as he's getting whopped in the Malovis Challenge. Bobby played with a scary Arderial deck - I presume his Shimmer deck with the crazy energy gain-age deck. That's one reason why I like weird and wacky formats for tournaments... otherwise people just play their uber decks and win... especially in this environment where one has infinite amount of cards.

I'm still clipping Hyborean Gates cards... it's slow going and the image quality is poor, but I'm not going to rescan them since I doubt many people will play the game anyways... that and the fact that the cards are going to be full scan. I'm going to make them small and the text is going to be a bit more blurry than usual, but the game should still be playable with the hints and all.

The next set for B5 has suddenly concentrated on the mercenaries. It's not really surprising since there was a foreshadow of this, but the discussion and the design decisions are getting interesting there with people supporting most of the ideas that is thrown about. Still, there's only about half a dozen people involved with the design... which reminds me, I best send out an invitation to the Yahoo group to invite people to participate in the design. I did send a PM to Billy "Binky Jackalope", but I have no idea if he will even read the PM.

Elsewhere, JC got Rage and Guardians updated to Now Playing. This was right after the Rage tournament as well as the moot, so hopefully, this would increase the number of Rage games played this month by quite a number... hopefully. Shadowfist still leads in that category, I think and despite the Malovis Challenge, Doomtrooper still has a healthy lead on MND, which is good news there as well.

Someone logged in today asking for VTES. Told him it isn't available and to come back closer to the end of next month. I hope they aren't disappointed. The VTES engine looks a bit dead though, people log in and log out but they are like ships passing in the night... well, almost literally.

We were discussing how many games will go public before the anniversary and we counted a possible 9, although it's highly doubtful all 9 will be finished in the 6 weeks. We'll have to see. If nothing, I'm going to attempt to get Hyborean Gates public by the anniversary date to continue the trend of releasing a game on the anniversary date!

And for some weird reason, today is Talk like a Pirate day... so does that mean 7th Seas will get played more...? Who knows?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home