Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, September 08, 2005

-+@ Play It Again @+-

A refrence to Hamlet perhaps?



Art Credit:
Jade Yajo - Image by Raegan Walters, foreground by Nov, background by Lou Holsten
Black Wudge - Image by Jen Reed, background by Werner/Holmberg
Flist - Image by Beth Zyglowicz

Three more cards for Exodus Flight... some of these images are just amazing. I have got permission for them to use the images on gEngine and Exodus is clearly being marked as that, a gEngine set. The Insiider people are still supplying images for this although it has slowed down a bit as school has started. Ah well.
I haven't done much MND since the last post - mainly just prettying up a few things and getting things up to date, but that's the mundane stuff that adminstrators and the like do from time to time, not really important to mention, yet too important to not do. Or something like that.
I actually got into a game with Bobby Doktoraw today - he played Orwin Naroom swarm, I was playing Cald Control. Obviously his deck works a lot much better than mine. Cald only has a few control cards - Crushing Heat and Heat Lens comes to mind... not too bad for a burn region. The deck needs a Rayje's belt though... time for an edit.
I'm a bit concerned about the fact taht I'm losing interest in the game... but when I took a step back to analyze what was the issue, I realised that I'm actally tired of CCGs as a whole. I stopped playing gToons a while back... and I haven't really played much of any other games except for LotR, which I have already declared that I'm bored with already. The thing is, I need to stay sharp on MND since I'm actually designing cards for it. I haven't figured out if that's the cause of my lack of interest, or one of the causes, but nevertheless it's slightly on the alarming angle from my point of view...
Mitch is still losing his challenge games ... or mostly losing anyways. He's probably having a blast playing all his other decks, but is also a bit ... urm... affected... by the game losses. Oh well. Quite a bit of games is being played and Dan has posted summaries on the group blog almost on a daily basis of 4 games he's played over the weekend.
Meanwhile the custom cards site is getting hit rather constantly as well... over 100 hits last week alone, much to my surprise. Is it the TR cards? Or is it because of the RP cards? Or are my custom cards a draw? So far, some of the hits are from
NSW, Australia
Eugene, OR
Slough, England
Las Vegas, NV
Glasgow, Scotland
Miami, FL
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
QLD, Australia.
Copenhagen, Denmark
That's a rather large bag of hits, and not all of them from English speaking countries as well - Brazil and Denmark appear on that list. I'm still rather shellshock.
Away from MND though, I did spend the week polishing up Hamlet, since it's now in "Playing" status. Ed told me I didn't code in the script to update the hints, and when I checked I realised that he was right (as usual), so I had to do them chop chop chop... found a few other things that were missing as well and did them there and then... the good news is that I used new coding stuff I have barely used before (no Martin, not arrays) and I haven't lost the coding skills after 3 months of little to no coding. Also what was good is that the engine is so advanced now that it was relatively straight forward to code what I wanted. The bad thing (besides missing them out in the first place) is that the coding had to be done fast... well, thanks to the structure I gave it when I started coding it, I managed to do it rather quickly. Yippee.
Two novelty points for noticing that this blog entry is text justified. Yes, I have been lazy with it for a while now, but decided why not. Also, those who actually visit the blog on a browser will probably notice that I've removed a few links from the right. Yeah, things needs a change... I need a change... and I hope it's a change for a better.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home