Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

-+@ Dark Angel @+-

which describes the 3 images shown below of course.



Art by Whyrl/Strom. That's 75% of the cards for A Cure for all Seasons Promo expansion. Yup, it's a small expansion of 4 cards. The text is up for comments at the custom card forum - links on the left unless you are downloading this with the feeds. This is the Promo expansion for Exodus Flight and like Exodus Flight, it highlights the RP element even more than the usual card. Poor Daniel made a comment which got partially shot down on the forum, but what he said was partially good. I guess he just needs to learn about the story-telling aspect of these cards in addition to the gaming part of it. After all, the story, the artwork as well as the card-game is integral to the mythos of the game.

Talking about Mythos if you wanna support the science blog with Cthulhu as a mascot (pictured left below), you can go and vote for uh... Pharyngula or however that is spelt for the best Science blog.



His closest competitor is the Bad Astronomer though (banner shown upper right). Their blogs have been funny reads over the last few days as the war of words heat up and it's gotten a bit partisan. And that's my cyberspace community service for this blog.

I don't think I'll touch Barathaum this year after all. Sucks and all I know, but since I'm not being the grinch this year, my time is spent sniping ebay auctions, hand-crafting gifts and teaching newly-weds how to bast a turkey for thier new husbands (or something). Yeah, so Barathaum is gonna take a back-seat after all. Bummer. I really wanted to get it up this year as well, but oh well, there's always next year (unless Ed doesn't die of a paper cut while playing with his brand new board games... then the engine goes down a few months after that, I'd guess).

I wonder if Ed has had time to work on Grave Robbers these few days. I get the impression that the silence means he's busy at work on it and we might get a surprise beta before the end of the year. Then again, he could be busy with all the festivities and stuff, so I have no idea. It's not as if he has a blog or he posts updates regularly... or does he?

The server acted up over the weekend and it got so bad that it had to be rebooted by Monday. I got a number of PM asking me to fix it for them, but I didn't want to disturb anything in case there was something there Ed wants to see. It was a memory error after all and it got rebooted. Wow, the number of games over the weekend must have been a mighty amount to have caused a memory error.

JC dropped by the forum over the weekend to make some announcements. I have no idea if anything is done, but at least he's back. Hopefully, he'd be updating the Rage stuff soon. Talking about Frenchmen, I had a nice chat with Martin over the weekend too regarding ... nothing in particular. Sad but true. It was just good to catch-up. The other French PL was last seen updating Shadowfist. I don't think he's in the tournament though.

I think the Shadowfist tournament is going rather well, but I think it's dying down some. I know the Rage tournament is dying down quite a bit because people are getting busy for the holidays. Sad, but true, but winter seems to be the season for fur lovers.

The forum game that Aidan has been trying to organise isn't going ahead after all. That's a pity. I was looking forward to sate my bloodlust by lynching fellow players. Oh well, it's not to be so. Maybe next year. Who know what next year might bring?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home