Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

-+@ Equilibrate @+-

or finding the balance...



That's right, I downloaded all the events for Terminator today. Went a bit faster since I found a better way to do it. There's still quite a lot of cards to go through, and then after that, there's the coding to apply before it can be a playable game, but it's progressing along. You can also see from those images how some images are better than others.

Today's main event was recoding Bowling to hopefully fix the 2 player bug and to change the pins so that they actually look like dice. I thought the dice would look bad, but it actually doesn't look too shoddy since I'm using 3D dice. The dice are a bit blurry though, but at 50 by 50 pixels there isn't too much blur to distract and it's still very visible what things represent. That's Bowling for the time being. Until it gets greater gameplay or until someone finds some defects in it, it's not going to get a workover any time soon.

I also spent much time converting the cardbacks into icons for windows for my own use, including the AGoT one that I scanned in yesterday, and a LotR one that I had from ages ago. The forums also benefitted as i found 2 more cardbacks - for Ruinsworld and for Wing Commander. So that means only Monster Rancher and Banemaster require icons for the forums. I've deliberately ommitted the sports games - Nascar Racing Challenge, Top of the Order and Red Zone from the list because they do have pictures of people and logos of the respective sporting bodies and those might prove a little... contentious in the long run.

Otherwise it's been a quiet day. nipa was working more on stuff today, including fixes to Imajica. He's like the orphaned game person or something. I told him that the Disciple games are missing types as well and I have no idea if he fixed those. I know he was also working on DoA earlier yesterday, but I haven't seen an update yet. Maybe he hasn't got to them yet.

Logan and Mark are on the engine right now working on Crypt and Nodwick respectively. Well, not the real engine, but the test one that we've had for a while now and we are hashing out a few things. It's nice to be working as a group. I really don't have any "wants" from the engine other than that resumed games can be resumed, decks can be shared and that the whole thing made more user friendly. I've been told that that is being done, but I haven't seen anything yet, but who knows, it may be in.

Kari is still busy on LotR, and he challenged me to a game earlier. I killed him on site 4 (it was a fluke, I had really good cards, but I suspect he also played badly to let me win). He's now playing with what is known as "money cards" - i.e. cards that cost a lot and are the most sought after. He's getting there I think.

Julien seems to be busy working on Shadowfist, or at least the forum have exploded into some activity. The game is going strong on the engine, although the players don't seem to interact with the rest of the other players.

I think Christoph must be relazing this weekend since all the SW cards have been added to the engine. Timmie is still pimping the game in the other rooms, which is a good thing. He's not getting much success though, but he does get some once in a while.

Tony seems to have quite a lot of plans for Wheel of Time. I hope he's taking the time out to study what's being done before. Knowing Daniel's coding, I'm sure he'll need some painkillers for his upcoming headache. He hasn't said much though, either over IM, in the chatroom or on the forums, so it's interesting to see how things goes.

Craig, though have been canvassing to be made a PL, so he's probably ripping into the coding and the scripting this weekend. Who knows, Ultimate Combat might be made a game by the end of next week... or not. Hopefully, this time, we'll get a game out of the PL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home