Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, February 25, 2005

-+@ Maelstrom @+-

which is a nice Scandinavian word...



LotR images because Kari have been trying to sign up for LotRO the whole time I'm writing this and because I've played a bit too many of the games today. Black Rider releases tomorrow, I have no idea what time tomorrow, probably midnight Mountain time tonight, which is like early afternoon tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to get in and the server won't get swamped. I do have 2 boxes of boosters waiting for me to take delivery of. Oh, and of the 3 images above, they are 3 out of the 4 "old culture" shadow minions... with the fellowship block rotating out, Moria culture would only have 4 cards left in standard format now... it should be splashable with the bridge though... I think...

I actually lost 2 gToon games today... I'm gonna cringe as my rankings drop to mid-800 again. Oh well. Too many people with Jawbreakers online though... and the weekend is coming up too. Blegh. I hope I don't have too much work to do to keep myself at 800.

I finally got Thunderbird and was impressed at how similar it is to the old Netscape that I am still using. I guess it's time for Netscape to go... ah, well, such is nostalgia. The good thing about Thunderbird is that it can pick up the atom feed that this blog is generating and I actually get to see how the blog looks in an inbox. Way cool. I tried out bottomfeeder, but the images there were just a bit... weird to me.

I finally bit the bullet and signed up for Blogshare today. That's where Blogs are traded and are valued based on how many links there are to each other. Since I barely know anyone, I doubt this blog will even do that well. Oh well. We'll have to see where that goes. There's an icon on the right to the page, and I don't know about insider trading, but I wonder if I could increase the price of my own stock... eep... someone has actually bought my blog... and I started off with $500, now I have $2000... that's fast... (and oh, that is fake money, if anyone is wondering). And I used some of that fake money to buy shares in AJ's Strategy Games. I don't think I'll make much money there as that is a new blog though. Oh well, at least I'm supporting it from this post!

The images server have been acting weird today. That, combined with the fact that I can't download gMLs via the engine has been bad... well, not so the latter. Timmie wanted a game of B5 today and I would have complied... if I could actually load it. I couldn't of course, so I ended up working on Final Twilight.

So Final Twilight had the tweaks I've been itching to put in for quite some time now... updated the major character images, change the stats for Kerra, attacking actually rotates the character... and updated the moren and money counters. Those weren't too bad to do in the end. Portable Adventures provided source code that was good enough as a starting point to work on those counters. I'm impressed with the final result, but because the server has been down, there's no way I can upload it. Oh well.

I should get some Hyborian Gates scanning finished as well. That's the last outstanding thing for this month on the list. I can't believe that after about 3 months or so of being tardy, I've actually finished everything on the list. Then again, I've reduced the goals for this month as well, I suppose to something that's actually feasible.

Whoops, nope, I'm actually gonna teach Kari how to play a game of LotR with a starter deck. This is going to be so retarded (because the starter decks are retarded), but I guess it gives me practice for tomorrow's tournament... which I hope to join.

And on to other CCGW news - Christoph is now working on getting the virtual cards available for gEngine play as well in addition to the printed cards. Well, he'll probably finish those before next week is through I'm sure. The funny thing about Star Wars virtual cards is that they use the existing images... I mean, with 3 movies and a special, not to mention lots of other stuff, they could have come up with more original images, but I guess they were lazy... they being the Star Wars player committee, not Timmie and Christoph.

Logan has been busy with Concentration and Crypt still, adding updates for at least one of them today. I doubt it got through though, since the server is down. Poor him. Well, we all have to wait until the server is fixed. He's been trailblazing on the new stuff that Ed is adding though, and finding numerous things that needs to be fixed.

Martin is probably a bit sore at me for mentioning things here that he thinks I shouldn't have. Well, maybe I should have signed an NDA with him or something. Anyways, he's got the new VTES expansion scanned and stuff and ready for the VTES engine as it is now being called. Well, this weekend should see it getting coloured in I think. I supplied the # codes for a few things, I don't know how it will look at the end of the day. Hopefully it's more pleasing on the eye.

Ravage signed up as the Access Denied shepherd yesterday. I have no idea he even knows how to play the game. Well, Tomi said he'll update the game soonish maybe... and then later Ed was asking about the game. It's sorta weird really, but what do I know? I don't even know how to play the game.

I saw Kev in the chatroom today with Monkeys... I guess he's testing something out or something. Haven't seen Mark in a bit, but he's online as well. Probably busy working on Endeavor to get it ready for Origins. And as for the other PLs? Who knows what they are up to?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home