Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

-+@ Real? Aliens @+-

Not real... just HumAliens, check them out below.



Actions were the last 30 odd cards left to add to New Order and I spent most of the allocated hour today completing them. While doing the counting, I found that I was missing 2 PETs as well so I added them. Altogether, 33 cards were added today, the biggest addition for New Order in my take it slow policy. Sure the cards are all there, but the game needs now to get all the additional stuff needed for some of these cards to function better. It needs playtesting though which can be done now that all the cards are in the system.

Anyways, that scratches off one thing off my list for this month. It's probably the easiest to scratch off anyways and was 7 more to go, and I'm not even sure I can handle some of them, but by the end of the week, hopefully, I can get MND finished.

Talking about MND, people are still beginning to sit up and notice the game, and 6 people have already signed up to the tournament. It's something people look forward to I guess, but this one might be the last one for a while. Next month, there will be a one-day Sealed Deck Shadowsfall Promo Release Tournament, and I'm not sure if I should hold the regular tournament as well. We'll have to see.

The bad news is that I think the custom card forums have a bandwidth limit. The good news is I've got Jim Wong, the owner of Insiider, to agree to moving the custom cards over to Insiider. Let's see what happens over the next 48 hours or so. If all goes well, Insiider might get back to its former glory, and then maybe even a bit more. That's one thing to see.

And after MND? Probably YNDT because it's the easiest, and I do want to get it ready before the tournament, if there is one. Urland also needs a few tweaks, which I seriously doubt I can squeeze into this week, but it depends on how this weekend is shaping up. And of course, Portable Adventures needs to get a bit more automation and a whole lot more playtesting to work out the kinks. Those three games are at the forefront of my current concerns at the moment. Hopefully, I can get the out the door soon.

And everyone else? Martin is upgrading Doomtown now, which is getting seriously played because it's featured this week. I can't wait to see what new tricks he's adding to it. I hear there'll be an upkeep thing... hopefully it gets interesting. Knowing Martin, it will.

Mark has been busy upgrading Sideshow and GRfOS, and people are really excited about it, excited to the point that they are submitting a whole load of defects. It should gear up to be interesting times for him as he races with the clock to get Summer Camp and Endeavor ready in time for Origins. Sounds fun.

Kev and Craig had a UC playtesting session earlier today. I think the interface is adequate. It could do with some final tweaks, and then it should be ready for release. How fast or how soon or how motivated Craig will be to do that, I have no idea. But it should still be interesting times anyways.

I just realised that Tony removed his custom fonts from WoT. It won't work for some reason, and I guess he's given up trying to debug it. It's a pity though. It would have been great if it works. I wonder if it works in VTES as well. I guess I'll just have to wait for it..

JC updated Rage and VS a couple of days ago. The interesting thing is that VS had the mulligan upgrade finally added. It's good. The bad thing is that he forgot to insert the checksums for the fonts, so they are downloading everytime the game is selected. Oh well, nobody's perfect, I guess.

The Doomtrooper tournament is in full swing and people are playing a bucketload of games. At the rate they are going, they'll probably run out of tokens before the week is out. It's all good though. Hopefully, they'll leave a couple for the tournaments or for the playtesting to get the tokens that they need for the tournament. We shall have to see I guess.

I checked out PEZ yesterday. Nice game, easy to play, although I doubt if anyone will actually play it if adapted to the engine. The cards are going to be very very hard to come by though since there are some ultra rares. It's only a 204 card set, but having said that, I doubt it'll be easy to get all the cards to adapt the game. Hmmm...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home