Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

-+@ Tubs of Dry Ice @+-

only because the TW Nar and d'Resh cards were added to gEngine. Get it? Dry and ice?



Artists:
Reality Check: Zastrow
Furnace's Heart: Gillette/Shreve
Tainted Snow: Gillette/Werner
Reality Check is the only new image here, the other two are cards with the images redone. All 3 are from TG. Justin's style isn't exactly MND, but he is a big MND fan, so I guess that should count for something. This isn't Justin's first work in the set - the Bograth magi Luglee, the alternate K'gyn and the background from Urok's Skullcap are among some of the cards he's done for this set.

As I said earlier, Nar and d'Resh have now been added to the engine for playtesting, which means that all 100 TG cards and the 4 associated promos are all on the engine for playtesting. I'm glad that's over, I don't intend to repeat that ever again, which is why TW is going a very different route.


Talking about TW, I did an ad for it yesterday and it got quite some response. It's nice to know people take notice of the ads. Then again, I made sure the ad was eye catching. It's the one above. I wonder how many MND people have discovered this blog yet. I haven't even been advertising it because I don't really want too many people to ask too many weird questions, as I'm sure most of them will. This is like one of the few places I post up all the MND custom stuff before they hit the rest of the forums and websites.

Mark has been busy with Summer Camp. It's supposed to be fully playable, although I haven't tried it yet. Perhaps I should ask him for a tour one of these days. There are already people asking about it in the chatroom, so that's a good sign... I think.

No tournaments from Ed this week, I wonder if he's given up on the idea of having his usual Sunday tournaments. This would be the second week in a row that he's not having them. I hope he's not too discouraged by the low turnout.

Martin has been busy with Doomtown, among other things, these days and it's good to know that there'll be an upkeep thing going on in the next version. He's redoing everything from the ground up again, which is usual for Martin. I really do wish I had as much time as he seems to have to devote to adapting games - I would have got Firestorm and Hyborean Gates done a long time ago if I did have all that time.

And no, I have no idea when I'll start on those games. I'm still waiting for the images of the former and have yet to devote time to the latter. I think the next thing for me to "scratch off" my list would be YNDT with the truck and donut automations. Maybe I should start playtesting for those...

Logan got Black Box out last weekend. It's good to see a new game, although it means quite a bit of work on my end as well since there's like a number of things to add and update for every new game. Nevertheless, I made a prediction that the engine will have a number of games by Origins and I think we might be able to meet that deadline.

Kev is still tweaking Monkeys, so that might be out before the deadline too I hope. That's another game I want to play. I guess I'll just have to wait until Kev offers a tour. Tomi hasn't been doing anything much now that summer is getting into gear. He'll probably be relatively quiet for a while, unless he finds enough motivation to push through Heresy.

Robert made an appearance on the forums again, and apologized for the delay of the fan set for Sailor Moon. Hmm... that reminds me, I've got to ask Doug fi Sailor Moon still works on the new engine. Timmie and Christoph are trying to get scores for SWD. One's code illeterate and the other is lazy so I wonder if we'll even get anything soonish. Who knows, they might surprise me and get that finished. After all, they have stated that they want to make the engine's adapatation to be the best adaptation on the WWW.

I played a few games of LotR over the last couple of days. Testing out Besiegers with Dwarves and Gollum. Besiegers have won more often than not as not many people seem to be able to take out the engines. Gollum makes the dwarf slow going though since it is present. The pathfinding trick though, means that the dwarves can run all the way with mountains. Needs some work, and I have no idea how it'll deal with burdenating orcs or Nasty Naguls.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home