Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

-+@ Whim of the Queen @+-

Wonder where's the king...



Art Credit:
Poisonous Zungg: Reed
Sikkada: Ransom/Nov
Rayalon Scholar: Zyglowicz

It's been a biggish day for MND custom cards today, so lemme run down the sets one by one.

Exodus Flight (currently collecting images) finally saw the light of day on the Custom Cards site and Forum. This set is mainly for the gEngine players, so they were invited to comment on the artwork and the names. I'm sure some of the cards will either be dropped or renamed. More will probably be added when I start templating Dreamstorm (and later Chimefall) cards, but at the moment, the current list will suffice. I also have to remember to get the rations correct - there should be more Nar and d'Resh cards in the set than say, Cald or Arderial. At the moment, that doesn't seem to be so. The ad for the set is from Whyrl's Lunar Aversion, and I think it looks nice. Can't wait to put it onto gEngine ad rotation.

Double Jeopardy (curently being designed) saw the 6th preview card being put up at the Custom Cards site. This is after the preview on the engine yesterday and the 2nd DJ Contest being setup, also yesterday. It's generating some buzz among the players on the engine which is a good sign. I've also asked for suggestions, both on gEngine Forums and on the MND at CCGW blog as to where to post the preview for the last and final card in the set. I'm going to look forward to the answers.

Twilight War (currently in development) has been put on the back-burner, but I did manage to figure out a few things to do for the next few images. The text has yet to get approved though and that would probably take mega time to do so.

I just realised today that Keeper's Quest (currently in playtesting) does not have a card of the name - it really should. I guess that would mean going back to the drawing board to find an image to make a Keeper's Quest promo card. That would probably up the set to 5 with the additional spell. No big deal there I guess, but the text would probably need a tournament to get designed.

Tainted Glimpses (currently in playtesting) got a playtesing report yesterday. It's good to see people still trying to use the cards and trying to figure out the combos and stuff. The game also saw Delcea, a Shadowsfall (currently in play) magi, being played as well, which was definately interesting. TW still has a long way to go before the text can be finalised, but at the moment things are looking good.

Elder's Legacy seems to be almost forgotten by this point in time. The 50 card set is in playing and I'm going to say no news is good news.

Other CCGW news? I don't think there's much that I know of.

Mark is still busy with Monster Rancher, and seems to be the only person (besides Martin?) who's working on a new game... I saw a number of Mille Bornes players today, and it seems to be picking up steam on the engine. Someone advertised on game.com to pick up the players there and brought them over... I wonder if game.com is a free site or a pay site.

Even the troopers are quiet, as their last campaign tournament was a huge bust, or so it seems. I wonder what else Thomas has up his sleeve. It is summer though and it seems that troopers also disappear for a while as well.

A few days back some guy from Ophidian posted in the CCGW forums about checking to see where the agreement is at... I wonder if that means we will be fasttracked into getting the game onto the engine. Hmmm...

I also had a look at automating the encounters in Portable Adventures today. Gave me a headache and it didn't work in the end. I haven't been coding for so long that I'm so rusty at it. Hopefully, I can get that done before the end of the month. Well, I think I'm going to push back everything that's not done by another month... which sounds bad I suppose, but I feel that there's no point doing shoddy work when I'm unmotivated and then suffer later... might as well wait until things are fired up to do the coding.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home