Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, July 23, 2005

-+@ Town Judge @+-

and Jury?



Art Credits:
Entrap by Shreve
White Gauntlets by Werner/Holmberg
Rayalon Fiend by Werner/Gardner

There's a mix of sets in today's cards. The Rayalon Fiend is an art redo for Tainted Glimpses. Entrap and White Gauntlets are for Twilight War. The story behind the new Rayalon Fiend goes something like this... I first templated Austin Gardner's image onto an RP card (Mud Mantle, IIRC). It was horrible. I gave him tips about colouring and stuff. He took those tips and practised and practised - he learnt shading and stuff. Half a year later some of the stuff he was producing for the RP cards were amazing - check out Howitzer Weebo. I asked him if he was interested in colouring over a Holmberg or Werner for the custom cards and he accepted. The result is the new Rayalon Fiend.

The other 2 cards aren't anything interesting to write about. Aglow is a card I did a few weeks back based on the image by Ryan Shreve on the official site. White Gauntlets is just a crop of the Velouria image. It's a bit blurry too, I think. Well, for the time being it's good enough, until I can get a better image. So that's one card done, 14 more to go for TW. Hopefully the rest of the images will be a breeze...

I had been busy over the past few days templating the remaining of the eXodus cards, and getting the beginnings of templating the Dreamstorm cards. These are RP cards and thus, aren't compatible with the CCG, but it's good practice templating cards anyways. The RP players seem to appreciate it. The cards can be seen at the usual place, including the MND at CCGW blog.

I've been playing some LotR - just card flopping mainly when I have time to kill. Nothing interesting going on there, at least not for me. WA have upgraded the client to show the German players and there seem to be a lot of them when I get on. Seems interesting.

The engine has been quiet as well - nothing much is happening over summer... well, nothing on the surface anyways. Martin has been busy with the new automation of VTES - I'm going to guess that's going to take up the majority of his time. Mark has been quietly working on Monster Rancher. His progress are up on the forums.

I took a few minutes earlier to upgrade YNDT and MND on the engine. YNDT had an automation added to tighten the rules and prevent cheating. MND had text revised and I posted up a preview of the next Double Jeopardy card on the engine itself.

Talking about Double Jeopardy, the contest finished a few days back and I named the winner today. There was some small excitement among the players - I guess that's a good sign. Still, there aren't that many players anymore though.

The end of the month is almost coming up... time to prepare for all the other things that usually happen then. I've got a playtest session next Friday too... hopefully I remember that...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home