Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

-+@ Recollection @+-

or Remembrance?



Art Credits:
Fog Crij by Jeffry Ransom, with photoshop effects by myself. Background by Holmberg.
White Kowl by Beth Zyglowicz
Kiradan by Cody Shipman

All 3 for EF. Two of those images were templated a long long while ago. Not much work happening on the custom cards, although I did get quite a bit of EL made into RP cards. Rewriting them though is a huge pain.

The DJ contest for Bash Brothers finally ended and not many people seemed happy with the choice of the eventual winner. Ah well. More people should read the rules to make sure that their entry satisfies all the points in the rules. The winner might have been different then. Also posted up the next contest, eventhough it doesn't begin till next week. Still, it gives people time to think about it.

Also posted up the rules for the new tournament. I have no idea how many people will join that one, but it's formatted such that attendence doesn't really count and there's no sign-ups. The usual suspects are poking their heads around it, probably trying to look for loopholes and super decks. Ah well, I guess that's what tournaments do in the long run.

Another competition that will hopefully start up soon will be the Babylon 5 league that Alwyn wants to organise. 8 people have now signed up for the league, and hopefully most of them will avail themselves to play. We still haven't got the rules and stuff for that league so that's another thing I'll be looking forward to. It's also a 3 months league IIRC, so hopefully Alwyn will give the official dates for the beginning and end.

Thomas promised another Doomtrooper league, but it hasn't materialised. I guess he's probably busy with the start of another school year to even think about the tournament. I've seen the troopers moving on to other things though, including one who's now playing Star Wars.

I saw a couple of Kult players the other day and an X-file player today. I wonder if there's a resurgence in those games. I'll find out soon enough at the end of the month. Conversely, MBOR seems to be winding down... someone logged in today and asked for a game with no takers. The other game that on the surface seems to be winding down is Doomtown - the sole shepherd resigned a few days ago.

I've been spending my time getting Hyborian Gates ready for play. There's still slightly over 100 cards to clip and make into cards, but that should probably take a couple of hours. The cards are deliberately not done in the best image quality, since they are not clippable and I know a lot of people would probably take them for other things. I did a test with one of them in the kit and it doesn't look too shabby after the border is placed back in. While I was on the kit, I also spec'ed up the play mat and it looked good, so I took a screenshot and posted it up on the forums. I doubt it'll get as much interest as Monster Rancher seem to have gotten.

Mark is still busy on Monster Rancher, and he thinks it'll be ready before the anniversary. Well, that would be good. He's of course, 2 - 3 weeks ahead of me game development wise and I hope that he won't run into any speedbumps. Tomi is probably working on Heresy now and I was just saying it would be cool if Heresy and Hyborian Gates are released on the same day. Well, that would take some planning though.

I don't think anyone else is working on games at the moment. Well, besides Ed that is. He's working on RPS when he feels like it in between coding for the engine. The next build is probably still a few days, if not a couple of weeks, away. Hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later because the bug with resuming games is a tad annoying.

I also updated the rules for AvP to now link in the scenarios instead of loading everything on a huge page. It looks cleaner. Also discovered that I don't have the Terminator rules, so I had to search Google's cache for a copy. Finally got that in. I think Terminator would be next after Hyborian Gates on the development path. Back to the grind...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home