Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

-+@ Aglow @+-

of which a few things seems to be. People should stop going around lighting fires under a bushel.



I did some Tainted War card templating "for show" last night and have been pleased with the result so far. Posted some images on Custom Card forums, on MND on gEngine and now here. First off, artist credits: Whyrl, Whyrl and Holmberg. Not too difficult there. Some of the cards have already gotten rave reviews from the people who've seen them. Yeah, I really do like these cards. It's a pity 2i isn't going to print these out anytime soon.

Played a game of MND, which has been blogged at MND on gEngine, and a game of LotR against a rether interesting Gondor/Gandalf deck. Lost that game, but it was fun. Chatted quite a bit with mostly MND players as they are getting ready for the tournament that's still more than a week away. People are excited about it though, which is a good thing.

Kari is still trying to get his LotR deck to work. He's fixated on the good cards and the uber decks. I guess once a power gamer, always a power gamer. Haven't seen him in action yet, but I did have to explain to him all the niceties and the ins-and-outs and the finer details of the game to him. I think he's really enjoying the game too. I hope he hasn't bought any new cards.

I asked Kev about the rule change for Sandwich shop today and I think he's updated the rulebook. I better read that before the event on St. Patty's day. I think he's done a screenshot as well.

Tony IM'd me and asked me to help him with what ended up to be 2 different pieces of code. I had to explain some of the language to him and teach him a few of the finer points, but I think he learnt quite a bit by the time he went to bed. We might get a Wheel of Time update later so I'll keep my eyes peeled for that. He's also got large ideas for the game. Well, I didn't want to bring him down to Earth, so I just left him floating around on Cloud 9 for his honeymoon. He'll come down to earth quickly sooner if not latter.

gToons has a new code on it's main welcome page for 250 points. That's a good deal IMO. Didn't get to play today, and my rank is still in the mid 800s, but that's good enough for me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home