Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, May 13, 2005

-+@ Great, now we know the ghost drives a truck @+-

Only because I did a YNDT update today.



Art Credits
Eerie Path: Bozyk
Curious Fird: Holmberg
Hot Stuff: Whyrl/Nov
These 3 are from TW. I'm queueing up the TW cards in such a way that I'm previewing them in the order that they were made, or about as close to that anyways. I made 3 more TW cards and put them into the queue so they should be revealed at some point in the future. That means TW has 54 cards done, with art that is. That's over the halfway point which is a good thing. The bad thing is that from this point onwards, it'll be tough going getting artwork for TW. Oh well.

Also did 3 magi for EF. Those are in the queue as well, so it might be a while before they get shown. I really do like all 3 magi though. Who are they? Well, I'm going to post one of them up somewhere... maybe.

I actually spent about 3 hours today adding automation into YNDT. The game suffered from being an old game. At the time it was adapted, it was probably one of the games that were at the forefront of the technology. That was almost two years ago. Now it's just a lowly old dog. I gave the old dog new tricks though. The automated setup that was done last month and the play direct to the board that was added today should cut down playing time some (but not thinking time). The actions aren't automated yet, and I'm sure Ed will ask me to automate them at some point. I'll get to them when I get the time I guess.

Talking about Ed, I haven't seen him for about 2 days now. I wonder what he's up to. Probably a surprise of some sort that will culminate in some good news for the Workshop? Maybe, but most probably not. I'll keep my eyes peeled for an announcement.

Mark told me today that Summer Camp needs one fix and then it should be ready for public release. So that's the first game to go public since I made my prediction that there'll be at least 3 more games going public before now and Origins. We'll just have to see which game will be the first to cross that line.

Apparently Alex had problems with his tours again. He always seems to find all these small things here and there, which is good, but some days, it drives people crazy. I'm glad I'm not coding Mythos, although I do pity Tomi. But then he probably enjoys it.

Martin is still pushing hard on Doomtown, with Pillar of Salt and a couple of random cards thrown in, with automated upkeep and stuff. Things looks exciting for the game and I can't wait to play it. There also seems to be a huge group of people playing it these days. Sorta a good sign for the game I guess.

The doomtrooper tournament is still going on and there seems to be a large number of people still playing. I have no idea how successful the games are, but at least the complaints about the game being buggy has ceased. Then again, those people who complained the loudest haven't been playing much these days.

Talking about tournaments, I have got a Sandwich Shop one coming up next weekend, I think. I better get ready for it soonish, I need to add a few deck building rules to make things interesting. Let's see what happens next week...

Other things to do next week would be Urland and Babylon 5 and if I feel up to it Hyborean Gates, unless I get the Firestorm images by then. I've also got a YNDT playtesting session for next week (made a new YNDT ad too) and I think once Urland gets the update, a playtesting session is in order for it as well. Busy, busy, busy...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home