Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

-+@ Monkeys are Funny @+-

Only because that is such a funny title.



Art Credits:
Snowball by Werner/Gillette/Holmberg
Stinz by Zastrow
Solar Xyx by Whyrl/Strom
All 3 cards are for TW of course. The snowball was a curious choice as I haven't seen a card with that art yet. I wonder what it's for. Justin got named on his card just like Darius got named on two cards. I wonder what he'll say. And of course, every fan made set has had a Xyx and this one won't be an exception. Solar will actually help out Relaura as well hopefully, and the Whyrl artwork is actually my first modified Whyrl.

Well, I made 5 eXodus cards today, the results of which can be seen at Insiider or the MND at CCGW blog. Four of those are going to make it into EF, and the fifth is already used up for TG. Also made three TW cards to complete the Core subset. Now onto the KT and Weave parts, and I think KT needs 4 more while Weave needs 5 more. Shouldn't be too difficult, but it's not going to be easy either.

Martin told me today that Doomtown upkeep is coming along. I think he's going to automate the whole thing, which isn't an easy thing to do, but then again, that is his first game and I guess he's going to make it his signature game again, which is good. At least he's not showing favouritism between it and VTES.

Mark has decided that he's debugged enough of Summer Camp and it'll be ready for beta release later today or tomorrow. Well, unless something crops up I guess. So that would be the first beta game in... oh, about 3 months I think, the longest drought for a long long time. Well, game adaptation seems to go slower and slower as the engine matures, mostly because of the large amount of things that can be done these days. The first few games were simple draw card - play card affair. The latest games have all the automations you can shake a stick at.

Everyone seems to have fallen in love with Anachornism. Apparently one of the MND designers has his name in the credits as well. Hmm... it's supposedly unbalanced, but then the same can be said about most games with multiple regions. Oh well.

While I'm on non-CCGW CCGs, I spent most of today reading up on Bloodlines, the next LotR expansion scheduled for July. Apparently, there's a new type of card called follower, which most people think are a cross between allies and conditions, or like the follower card of L5R. Who knows. I'm more interested that there is going to be a non-RB Frodo. I wonder how much twilight he'll cost.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home