Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

-+@ We Might Ask You the Same Question. @+-

It's the middle of the month... someone must have an idea now of which CCG the titles are from...



Art Credits:
Riding to Battle: Werner, Background by Holmberg
Hyren's Spell: Whyrl/Strom
Zusah: Whyrl/Strom
That's three more from TW, and if I keep that up, I'll only have enough made so far for 2 more posts, which is sad. I need to start making a few more perhaps, and KT and Weave are next in line. Having said that, the above three were made months ago - Riding to battle makes use of an image that has oft been seen, but never on a card. It gets the War treatment here. The other 2 cards are the usual run of the mill Whyrl images, made into cards.

The MND tournament is going slowly this month, and I have no idea if it's because it's the last one of its kind or some other reason. This is despite the fact that the deck building rules are the simplest so far in the tournament. I guess people have just run out of tokens or have been chased away by the uber decks that has been showing up in previous tournaments.

I made 3 more eXodus cards today - those are posted at the usual places; Insiider and MND at CCGW blog. Nothing exciting there, but at least one of those cards will make it into Exodus Flight. Also made an ad for the engine, but, I'll premier that maybe next week.

Talking about ads, I updated the FPN and the WGO with the Rage and Summer Camp news today. It's exciting to see that the Rage tournament is finally going ahead, and the prizes seems spectacular - first prize is going to get a Rage custom art of some sort, which tokens are being distributed to the winners. It's a competition that's spread over the weekend and then some so hopefully, that'll catch most of the players.

Summer Camp going beta means that I have to update my records for that. That means that SJ has got 2 games public two months in a row. He's really getting things ready for Origins. I see people are already picking it up. Hopefully, it'll get some play. Poor Kev is still fixing up Monkeys. I guess he's probably ready to pull out all his hair by now. It was supposed to be ready months ago, but even Mark has surpassed him by putting out two games in the interim.

And new games means new game pages. I had a quick look at the Summer Camp Game page and realised that the image link from there was broken. What started off as a quick fix to one page ended up being a check for all the other pages for the image and the forum links. Fixed a number of those which were still pointing to the old server, but a number more has got incorrect links in the database which only Ed can fix.

Talking about Ed, he was around yesterday, as he obviously made Summer Camp public. A few of the web pages were also updated as a consequence. Also getting an update was Black Box's icon in the engine. It's good to finally see that for a change. Logan also did up his game page properly, which was a good thing, because I would have no idea where to get the infomation for that. I had to make the game pages for Power Cardz and Hyborean Gates though today. Nothing exciting there, but at least they were CCGs and I know where to get those info from.

And from there it's only a hop, skip and jump (aka one link) to the BOT pages. Tomi did a good job on them a while back and there are quite a lot of useful infomation there. I answered all the questions as best as I can, although about half of which is still junk and not game related. The thing abuot that BOT is that it's reactive and not proactive. It's a mixed blessing - it would give less work to the PLs over time, but over the initial period, it's consuming more time than it's supposed to be saving. Someone should be given overall charge to that, but heh, I doubt that will happen soon since nobody will be paid to do it.

Tomi updated Mythos today. I have no idea what he did, but according to him, it made things a bit more stable. I helped him test things out and it worked fine for me. Then again, it's always worked OK for me. Alex is the one that gets kicked on the backside with all the Mythos problems. Well, hopefully things will go more stable for him now.

Timmie made a SWD image update today, but he seems to have problems accessing the new server. I wonder if he even realises that there's a new server. He's been keeping himself pretty much out of the loop though, and couldn't really care too much about the other things that seems to go over his head. Oh well. At least he's updating Star Wars.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home