Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, December 05, 2005

-+@ Diva @+-

New Month, new surprise!



Art Credits:
Grass Chogo by Jen Reed, backgrounds by Matt Holmberg
Onyx Ithapher by Beth Zyglowicz
Mystic Uban by Austin Gardner

My how time flies. The three cards above are from my store of Exodus Flight images... I barely have time to do any MND custom cards at the moment so I'll have to rely on the store of cards.

Some quick MND news - Freigabe won the November MND tournament with a Core deck. He also played the most games and is one of the strongest supporter of MND on the engine. Hopefully he'll continue in form this month for the wacky December tournament. This month's tournament though is the 2 vs 2 format. It has been decried that it would be little played and I hope that is not the case. Still, the die-hards will probably have a go at it hopefully so I'll see how things turn out there.

Freigabe has also sent in a TG playtest report with a few recommendations which I agree, so they'll get added in next MND update. I wish more people were posting playtesting reports. Well, there is only about a couple of months before TG playtesting ends anyways.

The last of the DJ custom card contest has kicked off and things are going rather fast for a change. I have no idea if it's the last card that's spurning everyone or the card topic that is doing the trick, but all in all, people seem to be rather excited about this last card. Hopefully some good suggestions will come out of this.

Ed has got a really cool tournament system in place and hopfully Nate will use it for the Final Twilight tournament. I have no idea when that is running yet, or if anyone is even playing Final Twilight as of late. The 6 new cards doesn't expand the game too much, but it does add a large percentage of cards to the game... I think in the region of about 20%. The game needs more cards to grab attention though - it feels a bit like a boxed game at the moment as opposed to a CCG.

I'm still waiting for Aquarius to go public - I know Mark has been hard at work and I know he has got a few roadblocks, but they seem minor and hopefully he'll be able to work around those soon. Will that be the final game of the year on the engine? I hope so.

Tony meanwhile was busy incorporating the ranking system into Fluxx. It just got announced on the WGO so I guess the new build finally supports it. I wonder if Tomi will incorporate it into Yahtzee next. Hmm...

Martin is way too busy with VTES in anticipation for the release...tomorrow! Eep! Big day tomorrow on the engine. Lots of last minute bugfixes from the playtesters too. Hopefully things will go smoothly tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home