Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

-+@ Grounded! @+-

but only to race!



3 different CCGs there... the last one is Star Chamber's card.

The middle one though is one of the three St. Patrick's Promo given out in LotR Online during the St. Patrick's Day tournament. I didn't join that one, but I won't mind testing out this card... if I can somehow get 4 copies of it. It's a pity that won't be soon. Threatening Merry with Rangers is a fun little deck, but it dies too soon, particularly in the beginning when neither the rangers nor Merry can take out the big minions. The problem with that deck initially is that it's a big spender, adding way too much pool to the game in the beginning, which is a pity.

Someone said I should support WA more by trying out their new game, Auto Assault, which is in beta, so I did. That first card is from this game. I really did enjoy the game though even though I've only been playing for less than 24 hours. The card design can be better I guess, but the online implementation is a feast to look at. The graphics and sounds and background music just create the ambience which makes playing fun, eventhough I barely won half the games I played. I look forward to playing more of it.

Meanwhile though, the hubbub on the HumAliens Yahoo Group finally translated into something tangible for me - Rick sent me all 10 Promos that were missing from the engine. Well no longer. I have added all of them just today so all printed cards are now on the engine. The scan quality isn't great, but I'm going to guess that players would be happy to be able to see the subpar image and use it in games.

The rest of the day has been spent working on another card for EF. I redid the image for Duplicate today, but decided not to post it yet until some other day. Then there were a whole load of other stuff for MND - tournaments, general posts, stuff like that which will bore the pants off everyone else. Eventhough I'm supposedly in "hiatus" mode, I'm still doing as much as I was before the "hiatus". Oh well. I still have to update the website soonish for the April Calendar. Work to do, more work to do.

A couple of days until the end of the month as well, which means I've got to do a whole lot more maintenance stuff. Also, it's getting closer to the day that Final Nights will be released. I wonder if Martin is in a frenzy. Ed and Logan are getting into the LMS act and they are both getting the support for the game up to scratch. Yay for them. And I'm getting ready to see Mark's first game of the year go public... and probably a surprise announcement from Kev...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home