Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

-+@ Copper Pennies @+-

Whee, new month. Last two month's titles were from Nightmare Before Christmas TCG... betcha didn't know that. New month, new game...



Art Credits:
All 3 by Beth Zyglowicz.

Where to start? It's been a busy month... so busy that time for blogging was virtually zero. Here's the catch-up.

TW had a huge boost in between with Bobby finishing the remainder of the KT cards and myself getting Paradwyn finished. Work has started drafting out cards for Core, which along with Weave, is the only other region that has yet to be finished.

All 6 Underneath TW cards have been added to the engine for playtest, which has got quite a few people interested. The set icon is horrible there, but I wasn't in the mood to update it so it remains such until I get the time to tweak with it. I also added a whole lot of other cards that's at this point in time Engine only. I hope the players like them.

Meanwhile the TG playtest tournament has started and there are those who are looking forward to devasting others with the more than powerful TG cards. Some of those cards seems ordinary though, but throughout playtesting, the regular playtesters have discovered deadly and unexpected combos with them so I'm setting them loose in a tournament format to see if it will give rise to any complaints. Nothing so far, which is a good thing.

Last month's tournament was very well received with a large number of games played. Tim won the tournament though and got quite a bit of tokens in the process. The successful tournament pushed up the number of games played as well. That's an interesting correlation. Tim requested for Arderial TW to be added next for playtesting, so I guess I'll have to do it sometime as well. Oh and Remember Ring...

The official MND website is dead. Well, I guess that means I'm going to get more traffic to my website. I've just loaded the March calendar, but I really need to do a bit more than that - for starters, I need to put in the BoA #1 that Patrick sent me a while back, but there's only so many hours in a day...

Tomi and myself have been busy with the wiki though, getting the game pages stubbed if not fully populated. It looks good so far and there's more than 100 games listed, most of them with rules. Hopefully, if nothing else, it'll serve as a game archive for all things gaming.

A new month means I had to updated the FPN on the website, and there isn't much to announce. I was told that we didn't have the rights to use some of the Rage images as ads, so I had to remove them. Oh well. There's a new batch of Rage ads that I've yet to add. Yeah, when I get the time.

I did the numbers for last month - huge losses for Doomtrooper, which is surprising considering that they had a tournament, and for VTES as the free passes has run out. Gains for MND, which is a good surprise to me since I never expected that it would recover after the slum over the new year, and a smaller increase for Star Wars. I wonder how much server instability has reduced the numbers of games played though.

Tomi has also been busy on Mythos and Doomtrooper in addition to the wiki and it's interesting to see those two games get really advanced. Mark is still working on Attack, and has started work on Crystal Authority. I guess he's well on his way to adapting 5 games for the engine this year. Martin didn't deliver Doomtown at the end of february as he promised, but he did give me a bit of something for my next game and I know he's busy on Final Nights for VTES as well. Ed's still busy trying to sort out why the engine is crashing. Probably a hacker trying to get tokens and passes, I think. Eric was asking a few questions earlier in the month - I think he's designing a CCG of some sort. He's also been looking at other games and was fixing up Dredd last I heard. JC has also been busy, but he's still keeping an eye on his games, and the same goes for Julien I guess as he's been asking for coding tips. Good times for all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home