Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

-+@ Huzzah! @+-

Whazzah?



Art Credits:
Tomes of theForgotten by Beth Zyglowicz
Climbing Boots by Walter Reagan, colours by Novelty, background by Matt Holmberg
Relic Key by Beth Zyglowicz

Three more cards from Exodus flight, which has been put on hiatus while I get on with life, and these are the next to last batch of cards that I haven't yet showcased on the blog. Oh well. I have to start hunting for images soonish for Exodus Flight if only to have them ready for this blog.

It was rare not to mention MND in the last blog, although that does occassionally happen. It also happened because I wrote that after writing for MND at CCGW blog, so I guess I was all MND'ed out. Still things are moving there, although not as fast as some people would like. As I mentioned there, I still have ideas for things there... it's just going to get a bit slow moving along...

So I spent quite a bit of time templating A Cure for All Seasons Promo... and I have a very good idea what the cards will do and how they will go, but they will take time to develop. I am running with it since the motivation is there... which is sorta funny as the Promo expansion before this, Double Jeopardy, is still not finalised yet. Oh well, it'll get done after the whole list of things... like designing Weave cards for TW and templating more cards and updating the website. Eeks! The website... so much to do...

Then there's my WSS2 plans, which I'm rearing to go, but I can't seem to find the time to get on to it. I think this is going to be the next thing after Hyborian Gates... I know it's like 2 years later than I originally planned it, but better late than never I guess. Still I want to get it over and done with if only to say - there it is, look at my achievement? Aren't you proud of it? Gimme a gold star... or a cookie!

And since I'm talking about cookies, Tomi actually has a nice ad of James Bond up on the frontpage of CCGW (and no, don't ask me how those 2 items are related... I just needed a connecting sentence!) I wonder if it has been added to the engine yet though.

Talking about engine ads, it was a nice surprise to see quite a few of the recent ones I made - ranging from the "levitating leaves" Hyborian Gates ad to the image of Tattered Tomes drawn by - ahem - one of CCGW's own for Final Twilight - among the rotation (or as I like to think of as - parade) of images within the engine. I have no idea if anyone even notices those images, but they are fun.

I had a brief chat with Mark today... and he's got ambitious plans for the rest of the year. I know I've already mentioned the 5 target games this year. There's more though besides that, and I'm sure I have just barely scratched the surface. I'm not going to mention too much until the right time though... but check out his blog - there might be some tidbits there... as a French footballer once said... "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At March 26, 2006 10:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like Eric Cantona is a great French philosopher, like Jean-Claude Van Damme is a Belgium one. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home