Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, December 18, 2006

-+@ Alcolyte @+-

describes the person who did these cards...



That's Call to Arms by Derek Shields. Those images were drawn in paint. Yes, you heard me right, paint as in the paint in Windows. Wow. That's his home-made CCG that he has put in a lot of effort... and like a few years worth of Sundays and public holidays. The effort really shows in the cards. I think they are exceptional, especially for something done in paint. Just look at the icons for starters and notice how detail those are. And the images really make me go Wow, especially when I know that they were done in MS Paint.

And that's part of the custom cards... well, this really isn't custom... it's more original cards. Hopefully in one of the next few blog, I'd be showcasing Barathaum cards, unless I find something else that's exciting.

The news on the VteSO site is that next year is shaping up to be a nice year for the VteS players. January will see a new expansion... Black Hand or something like that hit the VteS engine and 3 months later, Martin has pledge to get the full 3rd Edition out online. Wow. 3rd Edition. If it's as crazy as I think it is, Martin is going to be busy early next year. But wait, that's not all, 3 months later in July, another VteS expansion will be added online. This one is I think one of the recent ones, Kindred Most Wanted. I think that's also the one that has Werewolves and stuff ala Rage. Sounds like a good year for them. I also edited the CCGW wiki for VteS to bring it up to date.

That's now been announced on the main site as well. I had to create a new ad for VteSO as I was getting bored of the 2 other VteS ads. The new ad is specifically for VteSO though since it makes use of the VteSO logo and part of the VteSO website. It looks a bit weird there, but I'll let it slide a bit.

The thing about Mark's games is that there's always an ad. Since Ed has decided to start "blogging" his progress on GRfOS, I thought it deserves a mention on the main page. What I didn't realise is how great Mark's ad is. Well, the CCG Workshop main page is where it can be seen, so don't take my word for it. And yes, Ed's blog is on the Ludoholic forums. There's only one entry and it's pretty basic at the moment, but I'm sure it'd improve over time... if he remembers to post to it.

I have a sneaky suspicion that something is going on in Finland. What's up Scooby Doo? A doomed Revival did you say? No? Oh well. I'm sure someone will get wind of it sooner or later. Probably not me... you won't hear about it here first.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At December 20, 2006 4:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To better understand how recent are the sets planned to be released online next year, here is the full list of the VTES expansions (most older to most recent) :

    Published by WotC
    1) Jyhad / VTES
    2) Dark Sovereigns
    3) Ancient Hearts
    4) Sabbat

    Published by WW
    5) Sabbat War
    6) Final Nights
    7) Bloodlines
    8) Camarilla Edition
    9) Anarchs
    10) Black Hand
    11) 10th Anniversary
    12) Gehenna
    13) Kindred Most Wanted
    14) Legacies of Blood
    15) Nights of Reckoning
    16) 3rd Edition

    (Sets already available online are written in italics)
    (Sets already planned for next year are written in bold)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home