Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

-+@ Bell Trees @+-

I wonder if those are bells on trees...



All images by 2i from the cards. Background by me. Art here doesn't mean picture, but instead it means a fighting style, i.e. in the usual martial arts sense. Anyways, there are 13 of them for AoD - one for each region - and the above are just 3 of them. I'll stagger them with the other image cards as I proceed with the blog.

I'm going to post shorter blogs so that I don't really get overwhelmed too much due to time constraints and other things, and today I really just wanted to show off a few things I've coloured this year. But before that...

I noticed that the Rage players haven't been playing - only 25 games or so over the past 30 days and that has been alarming since Rage is after all one of the "Big Game" on the engine. I posted this on the forum and received the reply that LK has been on a hiatus. I guess that answers that then. I wonder if it's CCG-fatigue...

Since he ain't posting it on his blogs... Mark has resumed development of PBW Grave Robbers. I think the first bit, the keywords bit that was done by Ed, is working although I can't be sure at this point in time (since I'm just looking at a sample development game). Hopefully Mark will bring it up to his usual standards ASAP. I think he's hampered by the fact that there is absolutely no (NIL, Zero, Zilch!) documentation on how to code it AND that the only person he can turn to for help at the moment is Ed. Hopefully he'll be building up the documentation as he goes along so that the next idio....erm... project lead that goes along to it will get a lot more help.

And while I'm on Ludoholic, Ed has been busy tweaking the Duel of Ages PBW interface. I can finally see things on the sample game. According to his blog on the forum he's finally figured what to do with the next step, although actually getting there will get some time I'm sure since nothing is instant in this world except bad coffee and some ways to die. I hope that debugging Urland and VTES won't be taking too much of his time... oh and I hope the next VTES expansion doesn't need large updates to the engine as well.

Talking about VTES, I was almost expecting it to have been public by now. Well, it might not be. It's a good thing that the date hasn't been set because there are a few issues that still needs to be ironed out. I hope that won't delay the release too much... and that Martin won't be too stressed by it.

Ack, and I was gonna keep it simple as well. Anyways, the title of today's blog refers to this image which I completed earlier this week:


Pencils by Joe Araiza, Background image by Holmberg/Bolme, colours by myself. It was a pain to colour in and I don't think I have got it down properly or did justice to the pencils. I like what I did on the mushrooms, but the head overall seems rather badly done, and the leaves on the limbs seems a little bit lacking. Oh well, I guess there's always a next time. This is an image for AoD.

I have 2 more images to write about, but I don't think I'll have the time today, so perhaps I'll blog about them some other time. How's that for cliffhanger? Probably not as witty as I think it is.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home