Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

-+@ The Forgotten King @+-

which is what these cards show...



What's this? Some religious CCG? Not really. Fractal is from the Israeli superpower group Unit Aleph while Sinbad is part of the Heaven's Fist Team. Both are from an unpopular run in the first volume of Stormwatch when it was written by Union's author and general WS editor. Mr. Majestic probably needs some introduction, eventhough he has crossed over into the Superman universe and has a few miniseries of his own. He was part of the WildCATs while the real team was away on Khera, then he got roped into Savant Guarde and I think he formed a group based around himself later on in the series. And the CCG? Wildstorms of course. The cards on the left and right are part of my Stormwatch expansion from the aforementioned unpopular run with the slew of characters. One of the more familiar characters introduced in that run is Swift, who survives in the Wildstorm universe of today.

The thing about the cards are the templates. They were horrible to produce due to the weird shapes, the weird background effects and the teleportation zzzzznnnnn effect around each character. I think I didn't do too badly, but I'm sure it can be done better, and today was only a first attempt at getting the templates right. I can still see where I used the clone stamp on the cards (urgh! that needs to be fixed) and the ice (cyan) shades on the Unit Aleph template needs to be toned down some. Hmm... some later time.

I haven't received any complaints about the Project Second Chance cards so far, so I take that as a good sign. I made a rather rude blog about why I think people won't use it, but in there there's also an appeal for people to embrace it because otherwise, it'd mark the end of MND custom cards as we know it on the engine. It remains to be seen if I'm successful. Somehow I doubt I will be, but I'm hoping my pessimism is misplaced.

Meanwhile, the votes are coming in for the images that are part of the polls I put up on the CCGW forums. There's no prize or anything, but I just wanna see what people think are good images and whether it'd be worth my salt to start paying those artists for artwork for future (aka AoD) custom expansions (because, if you have been keeping up with my blogs, I'm gonna be am short of MND artwork...). So far Eric Santana's Second Shadow and Jennifer Reed's Auriolis are both in the lead for Elder's Legacy and Shadowsfall Promo respectively by a respectable percentage. Tainted Glimpses meanwhile, which was supposed to have better images than either of those two is stuck without a clear winner in the polls. I have no idea how to interpret that. Anyways, the polls are at Elder's Legacy, Shadowsfall Promo and Tainted Glimpses.

I think I opened the Pandora's box by saying that drafts can be done on the engine if the PL implements it. I think it can be done, but it's going to be hairy to code for and it'll have to check for so many different things that it's not even gonna be funny. Hence the reason why they aren't done in the first place. Having said that PL-extraordinaire Tomi is probably considering doing some support if his forum post is any indication. I can't wait to see what he does.

Oh and then there's the issue of comprehension of the English language and WoW which I'm not even going to say too much because it'll just raise my blood pressure or something.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home