Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

-+@ The Silver Crown @+-

Silver, thorns... what's the difference?



Art by... well Nintendo. These are all screen caps from the Game Boy Game. Due to the lack of images though, they were used for AoD... or will be in AoD. Currently I'm only at something like 68 out of 100 images. I hate getting the last 30 or so images because that's usually the hardest, but these days, I've got Senior Araiza to help out, I think...

A new artist has shown up on the custom card forums with some rather good sketches. Alas, he doesn't have a scanner for one and two, he's below 18. He's offered to do art for the custom cards, but I had to turn him down due to his age for legal reasons. Well, the good side is that he now has 2 years to prepare sketching and drawing MND style.

The Rage people have finally decided that the tournament that they were in had run long enough and have called it a day. The results have been published on the forums and I had to copy and paste it to the main page as well. Not sure I did a good job there, but at least it's giving the game some publicity. The sad thing is that I don't think there's a tournament to take over from this one. Oh well.

I asked Tomi today about Colossal Arena. According to him it's done, but it needs playtesting and it's not available public yet. Like I mentioned previously, it's just a variant of Titan, with different rules, the same way that Yahtzee can be played with the standard or the Scandinavian rules. That's exciting though.

Going through the image showcase, here's one I did a while ago. It's Pok from the card, blown up so that I can fit the circlet... or crown of thorns on his head. The only bit that's new is the circlet, everything else is from the card. I thought this image was fitting since some religious groups celebrate some historical guy wearing a crown of thorns yesterday.


Pok by Gillette, pencils of circlet by Joe Araiza, colours of circlet by myself.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home