Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

-+@ Greenpeace Assault Team @+-

Team of course for the first superpowered hero team in comics.



We are Legion. That's what Superman recently said in Justice League of America (#9 IIRC). It's powerful especially for old fuddy-duddies like, well, not me. There'll be lots of Legion exposure leading up to its 50th anniversary next year and the VS cards are only one of the few media outlets where the Legion of Superheroes will, well, make an appearance.

I have no idea if I have mentioned this before, but I actually got 2 packs of these cards - the last 2 packs in a shop that's not here. Didn't get the above cards, but did get some rather good ones - good image-wise that is. I was just looking through them today which is why they are up here on this blog. I wonder if there's anyway to play this game online... hmm...

Even as I'm writing this, I'm scanning the Fastbreak cards and packaging in preparation to getting them added to the game online. I'm rather excited about the fact that I'll be doing a sealed draft in one of my games and I hope I don't blow it by messing up. It's not that difficult to do, since I kept all my old Fastbreak working file, and with the new improvements in the engine, it should be easy to check a few things... well, easier anyways, as compared to the good (bad?) old days where everything has to be done manually.

Talking about sealed deck, my brain is already moving on to the next project - Babylon 5. I just realised that I cannot have random B5 sealed deck because of the way the game is structured. It'll probably have to be something along the lines of LotR draughting where the Ambassador and the starting hand and probably the crusade and ISA decks would have to be preconstructed. Still it seems cool to get the ideas down on... screen and to hopefully progress it sometime this year.

And while I'm on progress, it seems the Ludo games are progressing rather well, eventhough I can no longer see them because I'm not a developer there. Ah well. There are 4 games in development for PBW, and Ed was talking about having one of them ready really soon. Maybe 2 by the end of next month if things keep going at this rate. It seems good for Ludoholic.

Ed also said he might start moving RT games over to Ludoholic 2 at a time to speed things up. That sounds good. The boardgames are just lost in the clutter at the main engine and aren't really being played. The first few games on the Ludo engine clearly stands out, but haven't yet been massively played though. Oh well.

One thing that might be massively played is GTO, who it seems has got a deal with Wizards of the Coast. No, it's not a certain massively popular game - the one that starts with M and has The Gathering in its name - that already has an online version. No this one is for a small lesser known game. It'll be interesting to see where that goes.

Origins start next week or something like that, and that's what Logan and Mark seems to be talking about. I think they are excited about their Treasure Hunt trails that I've set for them this year. Who knows? Maybe they might strike gold. I hope it's not madvogon's gold though.

I did a bit of MND work over the weekend, templatign more cards for Final Night. Heh, for those who still hasn't made a connection yet, Final Night is one of the more famous Legion stories from a while back which dealt with the SunEater, and also features the death of Hal Jordan aka Green Lantern. Anyways, there's something like 50 more cards to go - less actually, I'm down to 48. That's out of 130 so there are a good 82 cards with images for the set that has been templated. I've done all the Universal cards and I think Arderial, Core and Naroom are next.

AoD design is still going on slowly - Daniel is stuck in Naroom and Frosty with Core. I think Cald is more or less there and I should probably move to Arderial soon. Hopefully the other designers will start chipping in with their designs. I think this set might be the best custom set that has been designed - best in terms of art, and best in terms of cards.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At July 24, 2007 7:31 am, Blogger dartax said…

    I cannot log into the new forums.... While I have a company email address, I would really prefer to just use my personal email for my registry on the forums. As such, I cannot login nor create a new account since my email address is already used....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home