Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, April 20, 2007

-+@ Spear of Deceit @+-

Mostly because I'm showing cards from Treachery and Deceit



Yes, that's from Lord of the Rings and yes, that is the next expansion Treachery and Deceit which has been sent to the printers. This is barely a month after the release of Rise of Saruman earlier this month or something. I guess Decipher is finally putting out cards although it's a little too little too late. Still it's exciting that there are cards being released for the game. It'll do heaps to keep the game alive offline for a little while more.

And I still haven't got any RoS cards yet. Well, they are expensive at the moment and apparently there is a broken card in there as well that's not quite as easy to understand, but it enable Fruit Loops 3 easily. Poor Brad Fruitcake. I understand he's quit fulltime from Decipher as well or something like that. I wonder how that bodes for the game.

What I did get this week in the mail is a box of Bloodlines. That is the 3rd box I've got and I'm still missing a few rares. I updated my trading list at mahasamatman to list the cards that I'm still missing and to put a few of the rares that I got. My mailbox has been singing since with the offers to trade for those rares I picked up in Bloodlines. Urgh.

While I'm on mahasamatman, I finally got Sam, the guy who runs the site to reactivate the Wildstorm list, after Tomi encouraged me to do so by saying that he got Dark Eden revived. All I wanted from the list was to record which of the cards I needed rather than to use it to trade. Well, the list got revived but I have yet to actually do anything much to it. Hopefully, the list won't get deleted before I update it.

Since I'm on Tomi and trading, I was told that he's actually concluded a deal that would trade some of his cards for some other cards that would enable him to complete his Dune collection. I think that's cool. And he didn't even have to trade outside his own continent for the cards. Yeah, that's me in envy... he's in the 2nd smallest continent and I'm in the largest continent and he gets to complete his trade without going outside his continent. Sometimes life just doesn't give you a break.

Talking about breaks, Mark seems to be busy on GRfOS PBW after a long break. I think he may be making up for lost time. Ed is still busily getting the surprise game up to scratch, but I'm not allowed to say which one it is other than that it's one of the over 60 licensed games that he's got permission for. OK, I'll give out a clue... it has no tiles.

And since I'm on tiles, I got my shipment of Carcassonne loot today. 4 expansions and a 5th in last years Games Quarterly. I originally only wanted Traders and Builders for the cloth bag and the bucket of tiles, but when I went online to get it, I noticed the prices for River 2, Scout and King and Count were close to nothing that I picked them up as well. Granted, the latter 2 expansions doesn't really hold any fancy for me, but at least K&S gives a few extra tiles to play with. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the purple count though... maybe start a meeple version of Sesame Street.

And I just discovered this week too that my 6 months subscription to TtR has expired. That sucks. I wanna be able to create games, but oh well. I can still play though, and I got a game today. Didn't complete a ticket of 16 points at the last minute, didn't get the longest track, but still won by about 12 points, which was interesting. It was a cool game where people were blocking, not strategically, but to enable them to get to the destinations that they wanted. And everyone were building long snake-like routes - I missed out the longest route by one train, but there was a difference of like 3 trains between longest and shortest.

Snakes of course brings me to the last image in the series:



Pencils by Joe Araiza, colours by myself. I really like how this one turned out and it was really easy to colour as well. The background is cool-ish, but the slab of thing that it's sitting on... well, not so much. Anyways, I have even created a tutorial based on this image. The MND crazies were going ga-ga over the tutorial. Heh.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home