Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, May 21, 2007

-+@ Elder Stone @+-

Coz this is a post about Kybar's Teeth...



Art credits:
Zastrow by Zastrow - I couldn't resist naming a creature after an artist. He's probably gonna tell me to rename it or something.
Tuft Yajo by Werner/Gillette/Goodman
Flint Cragnoc by CyberIsland/Holmberg

You can see the last image at Cyber Island Studio. No, this isn't the studio producing the animated cartoon which will be 26 episodes long and will be done by Cookie Jar and Daiwon in South Korea - see this press release from them. The cartoon will be shown in September presumably on CBC in Canada and Kids WB south of the border. For those outside anglophone continental North America, well, start writing to your local stations if you wanna see the cartoon.

The above art, by the way, is for Ancients of Days as usual as I attempt to finish off the last quarter of the images for the 100 card expansion. And guess what? This month alone, I've gone from 79 to 98. Eek! That's fast. 2 more left and then all the images will be done. Wow. That's rather fast. I still remember when I was finishing the last few expansions that the last 10 cards or so seem to take forever getting the images. This time though, they were just going bang bang bang bang and out the door. Heh, I prefer it this way. The last batch I did were 5 d'Resh cards and one of them is shown above. I think I did the Tuft Yajo a week before and the Cragnoc a few days before that. The last 2 is going to be a pain. I need to locate 2 magi images for Nar and d'Resh. I've already sent messages to a few people, but haven't yet had any response from any of them. Well, I guess there's still time. I wonder if the designers are still rearing to go...

The other less impressive thing I did over the weekend was to get EF KT up and online for playtesting. It's still a bit painful typing in and adapting cards and then checking to see if everything works. I remember the days when I was fervent enough that doing it for an entire expansion of triple the size was no problem. These days though, what with a Sword of Damocles hanging over everything, things seem to be rather... uncertain. Anyways, hopefully the playtesters will come up with their thumbs up and there's nothing more than minor text mistakes. I saw Bobby doing some testing earlier today - I don't think he had a good matchup though.

Of course I also had to do the announcements on the News section, just to make it seem as if things are happening on the site. Well, it is, but not everything gets announced which is a pity. And while I was there though, I decided that I needed to finish up the ad images for EF, so I made a whole bunch of ads and since I enjoyed the process so much, I created a bunch of ads for AoD as well. Some of them are cool, some, not so, and some are funny, as Tomi commented on the Flying Carpet d'Resh ad on the front page.

The other ad I had to add to the front page a few days late was the KMW expansion for VTES. No need to create a new ad for it this time thanks to me grabbing the logo off from the site a few months back. The story is this: it was added on time (or a day later for me), but was not announced because Ed wanted to be the first to announce it. It must be some alpha male thing or something. So I just let him have his day in the sun and only updated the News page after he's done his spiel about it being added and a free pass being given out, yadda yadda. Yes, I mentioned a free pass. Now head over to the Online site to get started.

My ad hoc game group decided to call me for dinner and a gaming session over the weekend, so I went armed with... no games! Wow, it used to be I had to force the games down their throats. Now they are the ones who are not only purchasing the games but is trying to force it down my throat. Whee. Ed's job is done? We played 2 games of TtR, of which I won the first and then got ganged up on in the 2nd which I lost. But that was the second game of the evening. I was first introduced to the game of Saboteur, which is a card game, but a "pathfinding" game. It was OK ... there isn't too much strategy to it and like most other card games, sometimes it plays itself. However, having said that, it'd be a good game for pbw though... Anyways, I think next time I'll bring along A Game of Thrones...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At May 27, 2007 4:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    KMW was delayed by 2 days. I have no shame about being 2 days late. Despite what you are underlying, I didn't try to rewrite the official history of the release date : it was announced for the 15th of May, but was released on the 17th. The "KMW will be delayed" announcement can be read here

     
  • At May 27, 2007 8:40 pm, Blogger Novelty said…

    Heh, actually, I was told not to make any other announcements by Ed until after he has made his announcement. I never implied to the effect that you were rewriting history. On the contrary (Au contraire?), all I was saying is that the announcements will be made a few days later than the actual release date. BTW, underlying means lying underneath, so I have no idea what's lying underneath

     

Post a Comment

<< Home