Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, March 27, 2009

-+@ Mines of Moira @+-

Who knew what you can find in the mines? Hopefully not Balrog!



Wow, I haven't seen these cards for ages, literally. I haven't been playing for at least 2 years now. Wow, how time flies. I remember I used to play this every day. Oh well, things change with time.

I went in today to play a game on LotR Online and was surprised to see there were about half a dozen players there. A game was ongoing when I entered and I joined the second that was already setup.

I played a Fellowship block game, which for those with Nostalgia, is the best of the block. However, since I started with the Tower block (Helm's Deep is my favourite place in the whole story!), there wasn't much nostalgia for me to play with the Fellowship block. I chose my Hobbit - Wounding Orc deck, and played rather badly IMO. I guess I'm getting rusty with the game. My opponent I think is a former World champion and I was beaten when his Frodo got to site 9. I did manage to kill all his other companions though, but that was not enough for me to win. Oh well.

There's still about a year running for those who has online cards, although no more new sign-ups are allowed. I saw on the forums people pleading for accounts to play. Wow, I can't believe that there'll still be demand for it, but it was one of the top CCG of its time, thanks to the huge movie tie-in, and I think it's still immensely popular, eventhough there have been no new cards for 2 years now. Wow. 2 years...

It's good to know that some sites stay up and running, eventhough their owners no longer have the time and resources to maintain the site. I wonder though, what will happen after 2010. I think by then the demand for "dead" CCGs may become great again. Well, maybe I'll be able to play Wildstorms again!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home