Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

-+@ I Think I Fell in Love with the Eight World Wonder @+-

If you haven't already figured out where I'm getting the titles from... well, you should rejoice that you don't have an idol.

It's the end of the month so naturally, it's that time of the month when I have to do a few long reports for CCG Workshop again. The funny thing is that I enjoy doing them. I moved my progress report out from the mansion into the Primodial Pool. Hopefully it's obscure enough there that it'd get ignored. If you visit this site anyways, you'll see it posted just before I posted this one. The other report is the Month 30 report where I track what games has been played over the past 30 days on a month to month basis. Last month Bug used the results to set the featured games, so hopefully this month he'll do the same.

LotR O wise, I didn't do much, but I finally feel like a power gamer after buying that box of RotEL yesterday. I finally have an Elrond HtGG, and coupled with spare Vilyas, Gil-Galad and Elendil, I have some of the more sought after rares in the game. I still can't turn that advantage into getting me the Shire rares though.

Played a lot more Sim City last night and I finally got Pineland up to a level where I'm happy to leave it and go work on the neighbouring city - Sawkerchee. That's the industrial megalocomplex which isn't taking off as well as I would like it to do. Just as an overview for those who wish to know... I'm playing on the San Francisco/Bay Area map (only because Berlin was too boring) and I'm building just above where Oakland is in the medium squares. From south to north my cities are:

Sawkerchee - Industrial megalocomplex
Pineland - Recreational/Commercial City
BayVille - Utilities and People City - Very densely populated and the most advanced of the 5 cities. The traffic problem in Pineland is actually caused by the people from BayVille travelling to work in Sawkerchee via Pineland
Bridgeport - High Tech Industry/Education City
Plantain - Garbage Collection/Docks aka Slums

The middle three are almost triving cities, the border two are cities that make me go hmm...

Oh and tonyluzzi told me in the chatroom today he sent his NDA off. I wonder if Bug has got them. I think someone also told me that they've sent off their NDA... hmm... interesting.

I just realised that I have to update Borders, Quartet and Go Fish... and the rules to Quartet. Urgh.

Also, as of today, I've gone a whole week without playing B5. I should get back into the game at some point and build a good deck... maybe I should just copy the NA corp diversity deck... Billy and Bruce and T and almost everyone seems to be building crazier and more powerful decks. I don't think I have what it takes to keep up with the "power gamers". On LotR O, I have the excuse that I don't have all the rares I need for my deck... but as for B5... well, the power game is just a huge turn off for me. Bruce did design quite a lot of combo cards, but as I was never good with B5 comboes... since I tend towards one trick tricks deck. Maybe the NA corp/diversity deck will teach me something new.

I guess that's all for today, but if it's Tech you are after, you best go Battle for it before it's gone. As they say on Norwegian whaling vessels - "Ha det bra, i dag!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home