Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, August 27, 2004

-+@ Pawing Success @+-

Well, I had the inspiration to work on more images for custom cards today for MND so...



Said card above is Umbu Paw, and the image is actually a composite of 3 separate images photoshopped together. The lighting is a bit off, but people who have seen the card have already been asking me where I got the image from... and were surprised when I tell them the source. I did 2 more cards as well - Brown Stuff and Arasyn, neither of which are as good as Umbu Paw, but I guess nobody's perfect.

I got grilled by funk and yurtra today on some of the cards. Brandon was there to back me up on most of them, and where there are obvious and glaring suckiness, I made an attempt to fix them. Still I wonder why I'm doing it if seems as if nobody is playing them. The MND customs aren't as well received as ... say... the Babylon 5 customs or the DoomTrooper ones.

MND aside, I'm still trying to build a good Besieger Shadow side for my LotR Online deck. It sucks big time at the moment, but that's because I'm missing one key rare... or more specifically, 4 copies of one key rare for the deck. Heh, it's going to be like pulling teeth to get those rares, and I wonder if I could retool the deck to work with no rares. Well, that's what deck testing is about.

And I guess I must be making inroads there. I've been invited to join a clan or something on LotR O - not that I think I qualify anyways. I'm still relatively new at the game though and my online ranking is nothing to write home about. Still it's nice to be accepted in a weird place. I guess camadarie is something that most anti-social CCG gamers crave for and they feel the need to do so online.

Oh, I played a game of Go Fish and another game of Earthquake today as well. I still can't believe how smooth Go Fish goes... I wish I could translate that into Quartet... but oh well. Earthquake has most of its bugs fixed as well so that's good. At least someone is playing it.

I talked with Spirit today... who asked me a lot of questions about games and what not. He's involved in Networking and support and not so much the software side of things, but he has been impressed by the quality of some of the games on the engine. Well, he's a shepherd though so let's hope he brings in some money for Bug. Someone else was also saying that they are still surprised that CCG Workshop is still on-going, despite the fact that not many people pay to play. I personally don't think Bug will shut it down anytime soon, particularly not with all the work he's been putting into it. Well, people haven't been paying, but sooner or later, enough people will pay to make it a success... hopefully.

The good news is that Bug should be back later today. I'm glad the server didn't crash while he was away though, which is a good thing. It should give him more confidence of going away and coming back to things still working.

My links section are still missing a few games - 2 Wildstorm Production games: FastBreak and WSS1, and the Wildstorm game that was licensed to WotC - C*23 which was part of ARC. Then there're a few more WotC licensed games - BattleTech and the other 2-3rds of ARC - Xena and Hercules. I did link up Kings and Reversi to the classic section.

And as for this weekend, I'm going to guess it's either Portable Adventures or Bowling. We'll see which one gets done (if any) by the end of the weekend.

Oh and remember Rapunzel? She was in a Tower Siege.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home