Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, August 30, 2004

-+@ Seven Days and Seven Nights of Thunder @+-

If you have been reading my blogs so far, you'll have seen that the titles are getting weirder and weirder. I'm really beginning to appreciate people who can give a title to each chapter in every book they write... not to mention those bloggers who write 2 or 3 times a day. But enough of this yakking about the title and on to the blog.

Didn't do much yesterday - played Abduction with 3 other PLs and found somethings which can be improved. I think Martin has already fixed most of them. I did want to build a B5 deck but then got lazy. Billy asked me to join a game, but I was tardy with a reply so he went on ahead and played Travis. No big loss there. Helped Thomas fix the Stretego Legends link, although I wonder how much longer that is going to stay up, we'll see. Had Mark mention to me that Summer Camp is going slow, well, we all would like to be able to code faster, but coding is so much of an art as well as a science. Well, I hope he did what he wanted to last night.

I did work on Portable Adventures yesterday, although I didn't do all I wanted to for last week. I added in the field to calculate the temporary stuff bonuses during the adventures so that I can work off on that. I also revised the images I need to get the turn order to work. Let's just see what happens with that.

Bug messaged me to say that Elemental would be the first license that would go and get to be Tournamented... (yes, I know that's not a word, but it contracts nicely to tormented, and I was trying to get people to read it twice, just to make sure they read correctly). Well, according to me, Elemental doesn't have a find the winner and end game thing, but that doesn't stop it from being Tournamented, so it's going ahead. I guess I'll have to be around to backup Bug with the rules and whatnot. I'd be surprised if more than 8 people show up for it though.

I played a lot of Sim City yesterday... no, not the CCG, 4000 + Rush Hour. I finally built Pineland up to a reasonable level, and I'm going to make it a client city that's totally resourse free - no water, power or garbage handling capacity. It should be getting all 3 from BayVille next door and generating income from the commercial/residential areas. It's already exporting workers to Londo, my ghetto, which will probably be the next city built up. I should do a screen capture one of these days for this. I had fun reclaiming part of the bay to build the airport for Pineville, and I've stocked the city with enough universities to make whatever little I-HT there profitable. The only problem is transport - I can't seem to get a handle of that. I'm thinking that tone of these days, I'm going to build a totally roadless city.

I also built a nasty Moria goblin swarm deck on LotR O. Another commons/uncommons deck, but so far it has taken out the hobbits and the dwarves. Yeah, I know, nasties beating up on the little people. ACLU will probably come after me next. On the flipside, I built a Hobbit Tales deck with *gasp* Legolas. I know I know, he should be shot for being the cause that other women go gaga over (and lets face facts - yes, I'm jealous of his good looks and popularity, particularly with women), but he does bring to the deck something that no other companion can. I guess Decipher has this thing of making a Legolas one of the best card in every block so that consequently, you'll see him showing up in all sort of weird decks, including a Hobbit Tales deck. Ah well. I haven't tested the latest version - one which has Smeagol - but the last game I played (without Smeagol) did rather badly against the Besiegers (and that's one step down from the Nazghuls in terms of pure brusing power) so I added Smeagol and more pumps to ensure that my poor Hobbits survive. Oh and Frodo... he's thrown away for a change in favour of Bilbo.

And if you don't like hobbits and little people, then go be a Disciple.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home