Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

-+@ And Novelty Strikes Back @+-

Wow, so here I was, being me and all - aka "Novelty from CCG Workshop" - talking to this guy about A Game of Thrones and a possible future interest I might have in that game and all, and out of the blue I get offered to be given free (non-electronic, dead tree) cards and a starter deck. Wow. I wasn't even cashing in on my name or anything, but apparently "Novelty of CCG Workshop" is held in high regards by some CCG players out there. Probably not too many since I diss most of the YGO players, but apparently enough to get me freebies when I only just mention the possibility of the hint of a future interest in an obsecure game.

A Game of Thrones sounds suspiciously like Babylon 5. I wonder if anyone involved with the design of B5 was involved in it. I'll have to ask Bruce. Overall, it sounds like a very expensive game to play - 2 Editions, about 6 expansions and some of the cards have low print runs and are costly.

Played another game of Abduction with Martin and I think it's ready to go beta now. Too bad we can't do it and we'll have to wait for Bug to make it public. Bug will probably have a few suggestions about that. Martin mentioned that he'd prefer to have some people from Eden games to test the game while it's still in Alpha. They would probably have more comments on their franchise than I would, but then again, I probably know more of the "envelope" of possibilites and although we push the envelopes every now and again, I won't suggest any new features that would probably go beyond he boundaries of what is possible.

Oh and if anyone wants to make any comments, feel free... but beware that you might get an Access Denied.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home