Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

-+@ The Aliens are Coming... that is if they aren't already here @+-

So I played a game of Abduction with Martin last night. It's a quick and easy game, quite a bit of strategy involved and surprisingly it did last for a long time for such a simple game. It has a short learning curve, but the cards make it complex. I like the fact that the boards are made up of cards and since it's a licensed game, we got original artwork for all the cards which look cool. One thing I didn't really like was the fact that exits aren't marked on teh cards... but oh well, I guess that can't be helped. Found a few bugs for Martin to fix, and gave my comments - whatever they are worth on some of the easier implementations to make the gameplay smoother. It'd be good for the next tournament me thinks.

Played another multiplayer game of LotR O with monk and ranger. Ranger won, as usual, but tis fun to play with sucky decks and to be able to see all the strategies being exhibited in that game.

Also read up on Shadows - which will include a few things that Timmy (tada, first mention this week I think) seems to think it's sucky, but we won't know until November when it appears... (and funny, I automatically typed Novelty when I meant November). I'm looking forward to the Tengwar from the block though, which is scheduled for next month.

I am looking forward to next week's WETA promo - Bombadil's hat. Why? Besides the fact that it's a hobbit card you mean? It's a sucky card IMO, but I've faithfully got the online versions of all 4 other WETA promos, so I might as well make it 5. Besides, burden removal just works well with Birthday Present.





Opened the Portable Adventure file and attempted to do an update. Got the name of the cards which I thought I'd fix, but then decided I wasn't really much into it so I backed off. Still at least there's some prepatory work done, which will probably mean that when I start work on it when ever I start, it'll be easier.

I'm also thinking about the images required for Bowling. It'd probably be a black and yellow thing, but I'll have to make the dice or steal and modify from somewhere. Hmm... Still looking for a good black or bold font for it, but if worse comes to worse, I suppose Arial Black would do.

Also thought about snack foods for Quartet - pretzel for 10, peanuts for 1, but I need something for 5... what do you eat when you play poker or cards or whatever? Chips and stuff are a bit hard to do though, which is why I'm discounting them outright. Hmm... time to search the snack food picture archives, aka an online supermarket.

If I'm making you hungry... go find a Sandwich Shop!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home