Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, August 15, 2004

~ What do all those symbols mean? ~

Well, this is the 7th post and you would probably have noticed that there are weird symbols in the title. What are they for? Well, for me they are a quick glance to tell what the contents of the blog is about. Let me explain further.

Any entry that starts and ends with a ~ is a "system" entry. It's purpose is to explain my blog, how I'm going to make it work, etc. In other words it's blog related.

CCG Workshop entries begin with a -+@ and end with a @+- This is where I detail the inner workings of the engine in as much as I can, without violating the terms of my Non-Disclosure agreement. It would give an insight to the weird and funny things that are happening on the engine. Also, at the end of it, there should be a plug of some sort for one or more of the engine's games.

And then there are titles that end with .-+^*^+-.,.-+^*^+-. That's a bit ungainly and it should serve as a warning to only read if you are bored :) Posts with this string of characters at the end of the title will detail my expected plans for the upcoming day, weekend, week, month, etc. They serve more as a reminder for me than anything else.

Anything that begins with three asterixes and end with three asterixes... asterixes? or is asterix both singular and plural? (Edit: The correct spelling is asterick/astericks) Hmm... well, anything with *** at the beginning and end will detail an article of some sort. Might be an updated CCG Workshop Code, might be the upcoming FAQ for the next B5 expansion, might even be the rules to my original game... if I can come up with one that doesn't suck... too bad...

That's what I have so far. I might add a few more in future.

And while talking about symbols, there are usually call icons in CCGs... but only one game has Icons of Evil :)

1 Comments:

  • At August 16, 2004 10:20 pm, Blogger Novelty said…

    OK, so I've been told by some more experience blogger that what I define as a "system" entry is actually a meta-entry. Okay...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home