Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

-+@ Puff, the Magic Dragon @+-

The shoe has finally fallen (and no, I haven't been puffing on anything magic) and 9 games have been axed from the roster. This is the largest culling. The last culling only removed a couple of games, but not this much. Well, different people seem to be reacting differently and it's almost interesting to gauge their reactions.

And two people have noticed that my name is blue on the forums... someone even said that it must be really cold where I am... although I just think maybe they are just green with envy. But as Kermit the Frog sings it... it's good to be green.

I sort of played 2 B5 games today, but since my ISP has been sucking, I never got to finish either. I built a swarm NA deck which swarms rather well... but does nothing interesting. I've got to find a way to make that deck win.

I taught Spirit how to play PAD today, so hopefully, he'd be teaching that soon to the general populace. He disconnected halfway through his tour today, and was rather apologetic afterwards. Apparently some DUI guy ran into some cable and decapitated his passenger... yes, gory... and weird that Billy showed me the news item just as Spirit was talking to me about it... coincidences... probably.

Hung out in the Trading room of LotR O and shot the breeze with some of the 16 year olds... I wish the 16 year olds on CCGW could be this mature, but oh well... (and with YGO being removed, hopefully, the quality of players on gEngine would improve). Perhaps LotR is targetted at the more "mature" crowd and even the teenagers that play it try to act grown up. I think.

Oh, I got my paper LotR cards from Poland yesterday - these are the cards that I traded for 9 FastBreak cards. I just got an email today asking me if I would be willing to trade more FastBreak cards. Apparently, I'm like one of the few people, if not the only person that offers the card. And what is FastBreak, well, you best to try it out before it goes the way of Netrunner :)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At September 02, 2004 7:47 am, Blogger Jackalope said…

    Welcome to the League dilemma - they lack powerful characters. The Pak'ma'ra are your main firepower - Lhim/Dram, Lhuf/Syhf, etc. Neutrals are your friends, as well - William Edgars, CEO, M. Garibaldi, CEO, Dureena Nafeel, Kevin Sprach, King Arthur, etc.

    That, and don't be afraid to swarm, and swarm heavy. Able to sponser 5 characters a turn? Do it.

    Also, I'd stay away from the smaller guys, except the Merchants and the Aides. The Species Ambassadors are about the only way to go, due mainly to VIP Involvement and Safety in Numbers, with a little aide from the pak'ma'ra. Or something like that, I don't know.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home