Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, November 11, 2004

-+@ Don't Look at Them @+-

Which CCG has a card with the title of this post? That's an interesting card I would think.

Anyways, as I mentioned, I like posting up the cards here. Makes me notice what's missing on them... like the starting energy on the Aurora Xyx. Fixed that earlier. Also did 3 cards today - Animite Crystal, Phrup Jar and Magic Mushrooms - three relics. I have decided to concentrate on the first 5 regions and Universal for the time being, only because there are more "art" on these regions and also because they have the least amount of cards in the set.

The choice of cards for today is deliberate. The middle card is the Promo for Elder's Legacy. Artwork by Holmberg. It's really not part of Tainted Glimpses. The other 2 cards though has something... common... well, quite a few things actually. One of them is that they are actually montages of 4 different pieces of art, or in the case of Phrup Jar, cards.

Forest Dew has the artwork from the promo version of Sap of Life (Artist: Christopher) and the jar is from Essense of Naroom (Artish: Holmberg/Vega). If the background looks familiar, that's because Hoctne uses the same background on her card in a slightly different position (artist: Werner). The ground bit is from a Magam drawing by Holmberg.

The common thing between Forest Dew and Phrup Jar is ... you guessed it, Essense of Life. That card has been used to recreate the jar. The background is from Jaim (Artist: Holmberg) and the ground is from Algae Band (artist: Nov), the phrup is actually from Traitor's Reach - it's the Grotto Phrup (Artist: Holmberg).

Tomorrow I'll show you the Magic Mushrooms (no pun intended) and the Animite Crystal. Both are "easy" crops of existing stuff so there's nothing to write home about there. Also played my first MND game in ages. Was royally beaten, but it was good practise for the game. I haven't been playing with top tier decks there for ages too - guess I better start redeveloping them with the new EL cards, now that they are "finalised".

And as to gaming, I redid my non-solo Smeagol deck today to include the Sting that exerts frodo to give Smeagol +2 strength and to swap out Glorifindel and Sam for the Shadows starter Gandalf. I must say things work much much better that way - gandalf eliminating minions before they can skirmish and Smeagol taking out whatever that gets through. It's fun to play, but by no means tournament level yet. It's a pity I don't have access to the more powerful rare Gandalf cards, but oh well, I can make do with what I have access to.

So after gaming and working on MND, I don't really have the time to scan Hyborean Gates or to code Babylon 5 or Bowling. Urgh, and I've got another distraction coming up as well. Urgh! Urgh! Urgh! I better put that off and finish up Bowling and Babylon 5 first before I move on.

Checkers has had lukewarm response, not that I expected any response, but it's got some games in. I wonder how many of those were due to me. I think only one of two of them was due to me checking the interface, but at the way things stand at the moment, that's like half of the games played this month.

Rage has had 2 articles posted on the engine about the fan stuff. I haven't read them yet, but I'm not a huge Rage fan so I think I'll pass. The Doomtrooper tournament is also in full swing - Cactus, lucal, stormcloak and Kapa seems to be the main players and they had the numbers up by a bit - I think it's a good idea and they should really have more of that.

And something special is suppose to happen tomorrow. Not here, but on the engine. We'll see how it goes.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home