Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

-+@ Memories of Darkness @+-

I have just finished templating Smoke Vashp, and it's shown below. Background was from a desktop download from the official site, the creatures, believe it or not were made completely from the Thunder Vashp card, but edited heavily. Also attempted a Rayalon Fiend, but decided that it was too unprofessionally done, so I scrapped it. Maybe my muse would be more helpful tomorrow.


Artist credits, left to right: Holmberg, Holmberg and Holmberg/Sato. I also did another shadow magi yesterday after my post, but it didn't make the cut here. Note the Shadow magi is in Shadowsfall Promo, the other two cards are in Tainted Glimpses.

Well, I usually hate images bleeding off the "window" to the rest of the card, but Kowek was calling me to do it so I did. The end effect is cool, but it's annoying to put text into the text box, because now it'll have to wrap around the hand. For those of you who want to see the original Kowek art, I'll post it below. The actual name of this character isEgenor or something like that I think.



I like posting up the cards here though, I usually notice weird things that could do with a change... earlier I updated Heedle, Tainted Snow and Hoctne because they all had some minor detail I had to look into. Well, with Tainted Peaks (also not shown, maybe tomorrow) that's 25 cards done and we are at the quarter way mark. The remaining 75 cards will probably take ages to complete since I'm out of readily usuable artwork.

OK, my muse siezed me while writing the above and guess what? I did 6 more cards. I'll show them tomorrow, but they are the Weave magi Halla, the Weave Relic Weave Bulb, the Cald Poison creature, Cwm and the Cald Relic Furnace's Heart and two Nar magi Kellus and Uloron. Three more and I'll be a third of the way to completion.

I also have to figure out an icon for the set. I think the evil eye art from EL might be a good candidate for the icon. I know it's reusing stuff, but I guess I'm borderin on the desperate for now.

Still haven't done B5 or Bowling or Hyborean Gates yet. I don't have the time for them yet. Maybe this weekend, after I've let my MND muse run its course. I'm sure I'd be more than ready to either do Bowling coding or Hyborean Gates scanning by then (and hopefully, some quick B5 updates as well). Someone was asking about B5 yesterday as well too. Eep. I better get a move on.

Timmy though hasn't been doing much on Star Wars - there's been a slow chorus of people asking for Hoth. Well, we'll see what he gets up with there. Who knows? With the addition of Hoth things might move upwards for the game. I just hope it's not going to take another year for that update.

Bug was saying that he knows how it feels to have games perpetually in development yesterday when I had a chat with him. He's still got Chobolo and Rock, Scissors, Paper in development. Well, he's more busy with the engine though. Ideally, he should be doing a co-Lead on those games like what he did for PAD (if the co-Lead can stand working with him on a game - and I hear rumours that nipa has interests in RSP.), but we'll see what he does there. Afterall it's not as if there's a long line of people waiting to play those games... unlike VTES, Dragon Dice and Duel of Ages.

Played some LotR Online today - built a Hobbit deck with Smeagol and Gandalf that is playable, but not great. Oh well. Also built a nice burdenating Orc shadows for it - that's more fun if I can get it off. I should try that with my Dwarves to see if it makes a better impact!

I'm also getting a lot of people asking me to trade for the R+ I got from my box of reflections. Some of those people are really not worth trading with though, they flip-flop every few hours. I find that trading with people either from GAB or with a GAB thing is much much better though. Maybe all my future trades for real life LotR cards will be from GAB members... I'll probably reject everyone else who sends me a request.

Can you believe I'm still sorting out LotR cards? Urgh. Time consuming. I need to find a more efficient way of doing this... which reminds me, I wonder if cardhaus has any reflections ready to order. I need to get more card boxes anyways... maybe tomorrow...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home