Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

-+@ I Thought We Were Friends @+-

Well, end of month madness is upon me, but I still had some time to spare playing games.

My hobbit decks have just lost a notch without Shire Countryside. Oh well. I guess I'll have to depend on playing with Kinghts and Forts, although that would probably get Powered quickly with the right decks, or dwarves, which would get Grima'ed. Either way, Isengard is bad vs my fellowship "swarms" - forts for the knights and weapons for the dwarves. I tried building a smeagol deck, but that worked out worse than I expected. Well, back to the drawing board I guess.

Played my first game of VS today. The rules are pretty much WS-ish. Throw in some YGO and tapping and that's VS. Not too fun in the sense that it depends very much on who has the card advantage on the table. Whoever gets card advantage can probably win the game. Poor design there.

I got my AGoT starter deck the other day together with my "huge" LotR lot of cards. I haven't yet tried it out although I'm itching to. The cards are glorious and are a wonder to behold. I think I might like this game if the mechanics are good. There seem to be this attachment thing which I find interesting - it prevents the clogging of the hand as well I think and that maybe a good thing. I'll have to find out how to play it.

Coding-wise, I took a quick peep into Reversi because the other day something was bugging me. Well, nothing seems out of place there, so I left it at that. JC saw my work on Checkers and asked for help in setting up his boardgame. It's a weird board that's 12 squares long and 9 wide. A quick modification of checkers yielded the board, and I did 2 of the 7 types of pieces on the board for JC. I passed everything back to him so he'll have to figure it out how to program everything else.

Oh, if you haven't noticed it yet, I did the end of month report below. I don't think anyone other than Ed reads it anymore, but that's good in a sense. For me, I still use that to make sure I know what I'm doing every month so that's good.

I loaded up the Bowling rules today onto the server, you can check it out via the link to the right under Classic games. I wish I can get Checkers up, but since Ed hasn't setup the server for that, I'll have to wait patiently.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home