Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, December 05, 2004

-+@ Three Seconds @+-

Three seconds is about the time I have to do this, but I know it'd take more than that to do. Urgh, Life is harsh.

I've been gaming this weekend... lemme run down briefly:

gToons: Got a rank increase of a couple of hundred and played maybe 3 or 4 games today. Won most of them but faced some of the more interesting decks. Still, nothing radical in those decks though.

LotRO: I accidentally played my Tales / Bes deck which is definately underpowered against the new shadows stuff. Won on site 7 I think because my opponent had no Frodo pump and I got a "Besieger swarm" of 5 out. Not how I'd like to win, but a win is a win I guess. Still, it was nice trying to remember the strategies of my defanged (no Shire Countryside) Tales deck.

PAD: Yes, I played 2 games yesterday with Bug, he won the LotRK one, I won the 8th Grade one. It was fun though. We found a couple of minor bugs, some of which got fixed last night, others I'll have to walkthrough and fix sometime in the future. Also took a screenshot of the game for the website.

While doing screenshots, I made a screenshot of Checkers as well. While doing that I saw that it was faulty as well, so I made a quick fix and uploaded it. It should be OK to play now. I don't know why but the game wasn't available yesterday... I had to switch everything to get it available. I guess that's one thing I must have forgotten somewhere along the way.

I've also been "helping out" nipa with DoA. Well, brainstorming anyways and working as his "fetcher" online. We sort of do those for each other I guess, which is why his games end up closer to mine most of the time. Take the platters for instance. nipa wanted to make them tiles, I objected strongly and suggested polymorphic dice instead. The solution - use polymorphic dice with pngs, and a few other savings that the engine will provide. End result - a much cleaner look, better handling of the pieces and hopefully a smaller download.

Oh, there are about 3 dozen things I want to write about, but my 3 seconds were up ages ago. Some other day perhaps.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home