Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Monday, November 29, 2004

-+@ Savagery To Match Their Numbers @+-

That's such a cool card title. Never used the card though. Maybe I should at some point.

Watched a few LotR games today, and saw an interesting Isengard Men deck which did things with Saruman. Don't think they had Savagery in there, but it might be interesting. Makes me want to try to build one... if I have any Sarumans that is... I doubt it though, I barely have enough cards from Two Towers to do anything, and I'm too lazy to trade for them. I played a game with my Hobbit Hospital deck and totally took my opponent by surprise. Nobody has been playing with the ally hate sites now and I took advantage of that to power my way through the game based on the strength of the Hobbit allies. It was interesting. I saw someone else doing the same with elven allies as well which was also interesting. I guess the power gamers shouldn't write off ally hate sites so soon... and that reminds me, I have a few things I wanna tweak in that deck.

Also played a lot of gToons on Cartoon Network and I've ditched my orange/black deck for a green/red one. It's an animals deck now and it's had a mediocrum of success. Those jawbreaker decks are the ones to beat though. Still, I've seen my rankings go from 74,000+ to under 4,000 now and hopefully I'll be able to break into the top 1000 sometime this week. Yeah, I wish.

CCG Workshop wise, I updated the plates post... but haven't posted it yet. Good thing too. You know why and what? ToJH isn't public yet. Urgh. I thought it went public the same time as FZOO. Looks like I was wrong. Urgh. On a better note, the update I did before the weekend on the Torunament was compressed as a cmp and thus didn't get deleted. So the 3 hours spent working on it wasn't wasted after all. Hooray. I sent it to JC who will upload it when he has the time I guess. Truth be told, I wonder what JC does for a living. Inquisitive minds and all that.

I just realised that I spent most of this month on MND customs and totally ignored what I was supposed to be doing - Bowling, Babylon 5 and Hyborean Gates. I guess I can move them next month and cascade everything else down the line. Babylon 5 is important though and Bowling should be done by next month, but I don't think I will make anymore promises for Hyborean Gates this year... and next year? Wildstorms Legends, Triple Triad (both of which are very similar games coding wise) and Firestorm are all on my plate. After that, I'm thinking I should be taking a holiday.

Someone's who's not on a holiday apparently was Kev who was working on Monkeys last weekend. It's good to see him in the midst of things although. Also just found out from nipa about a quick shortcut to use menu test. Hrmmph... wish I had known about that when I was working on Quartet. Anyways, back to Kev, let's hope we'll see Monkeys soon.

Oh and today is the end of November. Hopefully we'll get VTES into open testing, as Martin promised. Oh and Aaron is in the chatroom today after a long long break. I wonder what that means...

One last thing - the featured games were gone for this week, so I guess it's time for me to do the counts and to recommend the games to be featured I guess. Did that and found that over the last 29 days, there was an increase of almost 300 games. That sounds like good news I think. Shadowfist is still going strong, and how can it not? It's the only free to play game after all. Every other game seems to be played by the remaining die-hards... except for BattleTech... someone logged in today and asked about it. I told him it was gone so, they'll probably go back to apprentice to play it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home