Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

-+@ Windmilling @+-

If you haven't figured out yet, last month's titles were all from Lord of the Rings. That should have been an easy one. It's a new month and I've got to pick a new CCG for my card titles, and since I feel like Don Quiote fighting the windmills (and that there are currently a number of Dutch players in the chatroom on gEngine), that title got chosen. As usual, it's got nothing to do with the blog...

First off, I don't think I mentioned getting a Duel Master pack of boosters for 30 cents. No, not even from ebay which will probably cost me $5 shipping. I'm talking about 30 cents total. I went to a "reject shop" to kill some time and saw a huge opened box of boosters for that price, so I got one. I thought they were pirated, but they weren't, they are the real deal. And I dunno if every booster has a foil, but I got a foil in this booster so I'm content. It's going into my cardback collection.

LotR Online wise, funny things are happening, I guess with lots more mud-slinging going on behind the scenes. Me? I'm just playing my stupid Hobbit Hospital deck which can be so easily destroyed with one card, but since nobody plays with that card, I'm surviving big time. Well, that's the name of the game - to play with the right meta.

My green/red animal deck is woefully inadequate against top players, I'm being massacred! Jawbreakers seems to be key in top level decks, if only for denial. I played against a rather cool Power Puff Girls deck with a cool ultra rare. Didn't win that game, but at least I know PPG decks are viable. Played against a lot more Justice League decks, which I must admit are at least as good as a properly built animal deck (mine isn't, I have Dexter's Dad in it).

If you haven't already noticed it yet, I did the planning for this month and the report for last month. It's the first time in ages that I've been woefully short of my goals for the month, and I feel a twinge of guilt. But since everyone seems to be in a laid back mode, and since I've probably released more games this year than any other PL on the engine, I think I'm justified. Sure they might say it's not the quantity that counts, but the quality... in which case my answer would be that longer planning (and procrastination) might produce quality... then again it might not. I dunno.

I've just closed out a score of defects... trying to keep those defects down to a managable level is difficult. There's probably more that I should be closing out, but I'm tired. Maybe when I get more time. I also need to update the BOT when I get the time this week too.

Finish updating Babylon 5 with the Vorlon cards, version 8 and increased the size of the pips and updated the football/influence icon to a better quality picture. The looks of the card is getting there... all I have to do next are the bold text. Of course, there's always lots of automation stuff to do in B5. That's one thing that's off the list. Tomorrow: MND update.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home