Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

-+@ A Shadow Rises @+-

I haven't logged on to the engine much these days and when I was on for about 2 hours earlier, there were a number of people who said Hi to me. I wonder though if I was the only person present then and if they were wishing to ask for favours. I don't know. Oh well, it's a good thing I was away for dinner anyways.

Dulcaoin (Josh DLH) got me on IM today and asked about Hoth. I had to walk him through the upgrade of the engine because of the server move which made the update path redundant. Oh well. He wanted to see how Hoth is and wasn't too happy to see that things still aren't to his satisfaction. Oh well. I'm glad I'm not leading that project. Poor Timmy.

I've been writing up the adventures on Insiider as some sort of "fan-fic". The stories can be found on Insiider (one of the links on the right in the sidebar). Feel free to head over there and tell me my writing sucks. I know it does.

I'd talk about my LotR O decks, but there isn't much to talk about. Made a Rohan/Naz combo to test out both those cultures. They are very boring to play though. Brash made a rather good burdenating deck with Orcs and Smeagol - in the game I observed he added 9 burdens on one site. That was just amazing... one more and it'd be an autowin. He badly wanted to test that deck out against my non-solo Smeagol so we went for a go... where I won the first time... with the Besiegers instead of with Smeagol. The second time, he had more success, but the combo of Clever Hobbitses and Where Shall We Go followed by Not Listening was enough to keep the burdens off and the minions dead. Even something as minor as Nasty had its effectiveness increased due to the amount of Gollum cards that were in play. It was weird, but Brash is working on teching up against that so I wish him success.

Also caught up woth Xhavenstar (Michael Anthony Bayazes - don't you love a full southern name?) and shot the breeze about Modo and Power 9. Found out that there's a Prismatic format on Modo which sounds like a rather stupid thing. Also, found out that LotR O has a leg up over Modo in the sense that it has paid tournaments once every 3 months or so. The flip side of course is the Modo promise to let you have dead tree versions of the cards if you complete a set. Oh well. I'm just in it for the fun anyways, or that's what I tell myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home