Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

-+@ On a Roll @+-

This is the third successive day that I haven't posted MND cards? Must be a miracle.



I opened the booster box and the 2 starters I got in the post the other day and got the above cards foil. Well, those cards are always foiled since they are the fixed foil in the second starter. Note the diamond shape (i.e. two points) represents a fixed card. Commons have 3 points, Uncommons has 4 points, rares have 5 points (i.e. the traditional star) and ultra-rares have 8 points (i.e. an asterix). Not very decipherish though. It reminds me very strongly of an AEG game - Humaliens and Initial D were the competitors and while the former floundered, the latter went strong for another season, taking Beyblade out of the equation.

The packs were interesting in that there was a decal sheet with each booster pack, each one of them were numbered out of 45, so I assume that there were 45 different decal sheets. Decipher, being Decipher has decided in all their wisdom to make the decals collectible as well so I didn't get a full set of them, but oh well, I don't intend to collect every card in this game. All I want is to have enough cards to try out the game... when I have the time.

I played gToons earlier today... and was surprised to see my rank at a level close to 900 instead of lying in the mid-900s. This is despite a few days of not playing. Interesting anyways. I won two games and lost one, so I will climb up a few more spots, but I doubt I'll be going under 900 soon.

I added some more forums to the CCG Workshop forum... hidden of course at this stage since the games haven't even been confirmed as to being ready yet. Which forums are those... well, I can't say for now, but those who were around when I added them probably saw them briefly while I was tweaking them into the proper configurations.

Talking about forums, I started one for my MND custom cards. It's rather empty though and it's waiting for posts. 2 people have signed up for it so far, and I'm grateful for it. I also had to update the webpage to point to the forums, and spammed in CCGW's forum and Insiider about the new forums. Hopefully more people will sign up and post there, but since the game is dying anyways, I somehow doubt it.

No new MND cards today, nothing new on Bowling as well and I guess I will be going on to do the Go Fish update later... or maybe tomorrow. Let's see what happens.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home