Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, March 18, 2005

-+@ Wildfire @+-

which is what MND seems to be like today...



So I got bored of the usual images... I thought I might do some HumAliens and use those images today, but see, no HumAliens update, so no images used. Besides, I'm sure a change would be appreciated by those long time blog reader here. Those 3 are Call of Cthulhu cards... don't ask me what they do or what they are for, I don't play that game. See, the reason I got them is because... about 2 weeks ago, Martin asked me to help him with something that will win him some cards. Martin didn't win - poor guy - but I got to see the CoC cards. I'm not too impressed though, but one thing they have in their favour is that they aren't pink!

See, this is my blog and today I'm going to go into all the mundane stuff. Alex was having his usual Thursday Mythos tour and the curse of Cthulhu didn't hit the engine today. So that's one up for the engine. I have no idea what happened in his tour, but he did ask about deck sharing which isn't working. Oh well, I'm surprised that he doesn't know about that since that is posted about in the Tech Help forum for quite some time now.

Tony apparently stayed up all night coding WoT... and it failed in 2 player mode. That poor guy. He's really devoted to the coding stuff though and he's really script orientated. He's got some learn from the books background, or so it seems to me, but little to no practical experience... I had to give him pointers on a few things, but once given, he was taking to them like a fish to water. Anyways, he finally managed to get what he was working on to work after I made a small suggestion to simplify things a whole lot more. Less is more in this case. I think that as one gets more experienced, one writes less code to do the same amount of things. Heh, guess I better start cracking, since from the amount of lines I write in my games, it makes me look so unexperienced.

Tim apparently had problems getting onto the server. I wonder if that means he has a version of SWD to upload. I hope that's a good sign. He's been pimping the game out today and has got quite a few games under his belt today from what I see. He definately wasn't hanging out in the MND room, that's for sure.

And the MND room has been busy. 5 tournament games completed on day 1, but that's not even half the story. Apparently it's mid-term so there are hordes of people logging in to test things out and we had to teach a few newbie MND games. Had quite a bit of fun playing a newbie game and watching them learn things through trial and error. It's not too difficult a game to learn.

Didn't play LotR, didn't play gToons, didn't work on coding today... so there's not much to say there. I spent the day mainly chatting with people in the chatroom today... although I did take a gander at the staff page to see that it has been updated. That's Christoph on the left and Tony on the right. And I think that will be all for today...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home