Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

-+@ Wheel of Torture @+-

The titles of this CCG makes great titles.



Art Credits:
Sloth Hyren by Jen Reed, Background by Rich Werner
Sandstone Hyren by Austin Gardner
Tornado Hyren by Jen Reed, Background by Matt Holmberg/Rich Werner

What a day, and it hasn't finished yet. Another 3 cards from EF of MND. The good news is that all the MND stuff I did in the past 24 hours was just to play a game with Freigabe/Christoph. He won, barely. I played with a Transformers deck that really didn't do anything spectacular, but it did help me get familiar again with the game after not playing for so long.

I spent quite a bit of today working on Yukk! It is the first of my games to get the Experience points system. Hopefully, people would play it more, but somehow I doubt it since it's only silvers/gold tokens. I also fixed a major error that made the game unplayable since the last update and updated the code a bit to make it a little more modern. Hopefully it would be played more.

Talking about play statistics, I finally did the December numbers. Surprisingly Star Wars still leads the pack, even with VTES on the scene - both are free. Shadowfist is not far behind. The game that was most played AND cost tokens was Doomtrooper, which was a surprise. MND lagged far behind games such as Doomtown and B5. Oh well. How the mighty have fallen.

I updated the plates post today, in preparation to update Go Fish. Sadly I ran out of time. Reversi also would probably get an update soon-ish and both of those games will get Experience points added to them. It's not too difficult to add expeerience points I have discovered with Yukk.

I saw someone (Kinam) offering a one-shot tour for Wyvern. Sorta interesting I think, but Wyvern is hardly played (and is still free). It's a pity that there are no takers though. There seems to be a dearth of players online these days, with the exception of probably the Star Wars players who keep pretty much to themselves.

VTES Online has its new URL these days - http://www.vtesonline.com. It was slow going when I checked there earlier, but there was a 3-player game going on. I wonder about the future of the game online. Yes, the game definately needs more sets, but Ed and Martin needs to get the permission for White Wolf to add those, and then there needs to be time to actually scan the images and code them. Hmm...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home