Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Friday, January 13, 2006

-+@ The Well @+-

Wishful thinking? Perhaps not...



Art Credits:
Forest Primeval by Rich Werner
Briny Deep by Rich Werner / Chana Goodman / Matt Holmberg
Evergreen by Matt Holmberg

These were the 3 cards I did the other day for EF, with the text versions for Chimefall. The latter can be seen on Insiider. I did 3 more cards (templating) for EF today, 3 magi, and I'll show those here some other day. I did update the website though, so they can be seen there for now. With those 3 it means that 127 cards out of 150 and 6 regions out of 13 are now complete for the expansion that's only scheduled to be (re)designed late this year.

Meanwhile for TW, the expansion that's going up for playtesting in just under 3 months time, the remainder of the Naroom cards have been posted bringing the complted regions to 8. I'm still waiting for BobbyDoc for the remaining half of KT, and I've got to do Paradwyn and d'Resh. Weave and Core are still up for grabs at this point, but unless I can find someone better, I'm going to do those as well.

Otherwise, I haven't been doing too much CCG stuff due to real life stuff intruding. But hey, real life stuff takes precedence over CCG stuff. I did however edit the Alphabet Game post today to update it for the latest round. That game is still trying to survive after the loss of the forum, but there are people who are enthusiastically posting there and playing with it.

Ed added Function buttons to the engine a while ago (along with a whole host of other things) and Martin has since incorporated them into VTES. I had a look at them yesterday. They were slick. It does give me inspiration to tweak a few of my games to do the same thing as well. We'll see what I can come up with.

HC O'Neill posted the January Rage tournament on the forums today. I echoed that announcement on the front page of CCGW. Instead of the new Rage ad, I used the other new Rage ad that's on the server. This one is a bit more complicated, but it does say "When will you Rage?" or something like that. I wonder if anyone gets drawn into the game with those ads.

Talked with a CCG-fanatic about Anachornism today. Apparently it's supposed to be available online, provided by World's Apart according to a quote in the TriKing games forum. It's January but there's no online version... yet. It's still early though, there's 18 more days left in January.

I also tried looking for spoilers for LotR's next expansion, Rise of Saruman. Nothing released so far, and I wonder if the design team has even started designing the cards yet. There's a contest on LotRO to design cards for it and 10 suggestions from LotRO will be used in the expansion. I guess the 10 that's been selected looks pretty bland so far, mostly Timmy cards as can be expected.

I did see the fact that Stargate SG1 might be getting a TCG released this year by Comic Images. That's interesting news. I wonder which season they will base the cards on and if they will use the Atlantis stuff as well. One can only speculate so much of course. I think Comic Images must have reached some sort of agreement with Genio, the (Brazillian?) publisher of Myths and Legends as well, because both that game and SG1 (Genio formerly has the rights to produce the TCG of SG1) will be under Comic Images, at least in the US. Who could have figured that Wrestling could make enough money to subsidise another 2 games...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At January 16, 2006 8:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Being a former Raw Deal player, I can certainly see how it is keeping Comic Images afloat. To me, the sad part is that it isn't even played in the game designer's own comic book store. But I did talk to him last week. It might go online very soon. He's put his opinion into Comic Images about gNet, so we might find out something soon.

    Tony

     

Post a Comment

<< Home