Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

-+@ It's Time You Begun @+-

but begun what ... that is the question...



Art Credits:
Woven Cloak by Scott Montgomery, background by msyelf
Coal Mask and Toxic Mushroom by Beth Zyglowicz

Another 3 cards for EF, this time though, relics. And I just realised that I have only 4 days worth of images left before I run out. Ah well, back to the good old days when I have to worry about images after that. I either have to make more... or use non-MND cards. So I decide to template a few more cards for EF today, and the corresponding cards for eXodus and Chimefall. Whee!

It's been a busy day for MND for me today. First off Mitch sent me the Orothe card suggestions for TW and they were good. So that had to go up on the Custom Card forum as a first draft for people to comment. Not many Orothe players though it seems, but that's another reason done at least, which leaves 4 more - Paradwyn, which is mine, Core, Weave and d'Resh - and two half regions - Naroom and KT which are only partially done. Hopefully those can be done in time for a March playtest start.

The exception though would be the winner of this month's MND tournament who will get to pick a region to be added to the engine in February for a preview playtest. I hope that will get things going... but it might not. We shall have to see what happens there.

The Custom Card website has also got an update today. The conclusion of the Double Jeopardy contests means that all the Double Jeopardy cards can now be added to the website. While I was there, I added the scan of the Ancestral Flute "controversy" with a note. That would help people make up their minds.

Patrick Miteff sent me the full scan of Book of Ages issue 1 today. I didn't even ask him to do it, he just submitted it knowing fully well that I intend to add it to the Custom Card site. I guess that's the good thing about him - he's so eager to push the site as well, but he did have a huge part in creating it as well. Consequently, he's using the images from there on ebay, but that's something I really don't mind too much... I think.

I clipped the Hyborian Gates scans that I scanned in yesterday - they look good. No coding done on those yet, but I hope to get them in sometime this week. I hope to finish Hyborian Gates this month as well if I get to work fast on it.

Haven't worked on anything else otherwise, and there's no more games that I would feel comfortable adding the experience points system to. But that doesn't mean that the announcements on the front page of gEngine will stop. Today I bumped up 2 of them and reinstalled a third. Of of those which got bumped is the B5 league weekend announcement.

B5 League weekend starts tomorrow engine time, so that's something to look forward to. To make up for not having one last month, this month's weekend is double time - it lasts for 4 days instead of two. It's a pity I won't have time to play though. Oh well, maybe next month. I still haven't played a league game.

And Bruce has been adding cards for the next B5 expansion. Minbari came out early this week which, although didn't exactly wow everyone, seems to be very well received. There are some gems there mixed in with everything else though so it's a bit hard separating the chaff from the curds (see "how to mix idioms"). I haven't had time to go through them yet though, but I should given that I'm an OK-ish Minbari player... self-declared and all...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home