Novelty's Novelties

Novelty, from the Old French word Novelt, meaning new.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

-+@ Look What You've Done @+-

What have I done indeed...



Art Credits:
All 3 images by Justin Zastrow. Background on Macah (originally Machlady) by myself.

Those were the 3 magi I did for EF a few days, or was that almost a week ago, and they are all based on Just's art. I think those magi aren't too bad really and EF does need a slew of magi to complete the images. I also photoshopped a spell but it didn't turn out too well. Added it anyways just for the fun of it. Just for my record again.

Exodus Flight: Still collecting images, the status of each region are as follows:
Arderial: 1 spell, 2 magi, 6 creatures, 3 relics. COMPLETE
Bograth: 1 spell, 2 magi, 6 creatures, 3 relics. COMPLETE
Cald: 1 spell, 2 magi, 7 creatures, 2 relics. COMPLETE
Core: 1 spell, 2 magi, 7 creatures, 2 relics. COMPLETE
d'Resh: s spell, 1 magi, 7 creatures, 2 relics. NEED 1 magi
KT: 1 spell, 2 magi, 8 creatures, 1 relic. COMPLETE
Nar: 1 spell, 7 creatures, 1 relic. NEED 2 magi, 1 creature/relic
Naroom: 1 spell, 2 magi, 6 creatures, 3 relics COMPLETE
Orothe: 1 spell, 1 magi, 7 creatures, 1 relic NEED 1 magi, 1 cretures/relic
Paradwyn: 6 creatures, 2 relics NEED 2 magi
Underneath: 1 magi, 2 creatures NEED 1 spell, 1 magi, 7 creatures/relic
Weave: 1 magi, 6 creatures, 2 relics Need 1 spell, 1 magi, 1 creature/relic
Universal: 1 spell, 1 creature, 2 relics Need 2 creatures/relics

Someone asked me if they could help out with Core and/or Weave for TW. While all help is welcome, I think for the time being, I'd like to keep those regions open because of the following reasons:

1. some of the artwork of those regions has string attached to the text of the card - i.e. I can only use the image provided that certain conditions are met. I will have to fulfil those conditions, most of which revolves around the text of the cards.
2. the cards being submitted by most people (Naroom by yourself and Orothe by malovis being prime examples) are very much devoid of an explicit war theme. This will have to be made up for in the other regions, particularly Core and Weave.
3. I want to have some regions that are available for someone else who may be interested in card design who may have unique ideas for the game. Although they won't be able to have free go at most of the cards due to the first region, there's at least half of the region generally available - of course, they'll have to be even more strongly supervised to enforce the War theme.
4. There's also a bunch of left over suggestions from Tainted Glimpses that I have yet to browse through and see if any will fit for Core or Weave.

Instead though, I pointed him to EF. The cards there needs a once over and suggestions for updating or revamping some of them are always welcome. Some of those cards are broken, others are a bit too bland, and still others aren't compatible with the CCG. Quite a bit of work text-wise is needed there as well.

Mark has started on Attack I think. He's gotten to the scripts so that means all the other stuff - board, cards, etc. is already coded. That's way in advance for a licensed game. He blogged about it too... I think. I wish I can work as fast as him or Martin who seem to put in insane hours everyday on their games.

I'm talking with Tomi online about his trooper group which is still playing so many years after the demise of the game... well, the demise of the publishing of the game. It was started by a train of thought about "legacy" games which there are still players playing... and making custom cards for those games. The Helsinki troopers have done a lot for Doomtrooper, and some of their customs are even on the game creator's official website. Others that I've had the pleasure of knowing and working with include Jason Roosevelt (Wildstorms), Bruce Mason (Babylon 5) and HC O'Neill (Rage). Other games to have notable custom sets after the game has been discontinued (publishing) include Star Wars with its player committee, Dune, Spellfire, Mythos, Doomtown and recently I've seen someone has been adding Wheel of Time customs to gEngine.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At January 22, 2006 5:04 am, Blogger dartax said…

    If anyone is following the development of the expansions and reads this, then they'll know who that reply was to....

    Anyways, you show Naroom in Exodus Flight as having the magi done? I found the pics on the Custom Card site, but I couldn't find the card text to go with on InsIIder. I don't suppose you could point me to them?

     
  • At February 05, 2006 12:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Talking about expansions, I did images for our 7th expansion last weekend. We have about 50 cards done so far, the final set will be 90 or 108 cards like usual.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home